Dj's United

Wiring Speakers And Sub(s)

Fair doos:

Speakers: Adlib Audio AA151 60hz - 18khz, 98db, 400 watt, 8 ohm

Sub: McGregor PW215/1200 1200 watt (4ohm load) or 2-way crossover(8ohm load)

Amp: QSC 1850HD although I realise I may need a second or or a more powerful amp.

Many thanks

Lee

Lee, thats a lot of cash for a non powered sub... you could get many active subs for the cash - ok they may not have the 1200w rating or the mcgregor pedigree but will give very good results none the less.

To answer your question from the spec ive read, the sub has 2-way crossovers and they allow parallel connection(4ohm load) or 2-way crossover(8ohm load) to additional cabinets... However, i couldnt quite work out if the sub could manage a stereo input and pass this thru to your tops... it may only allow pass thru to one speaker?!?!?

Which could mean you will need a dedicated amp for the sub and use your current amp for the adlib's... does your amp allow signal pass through or do you have another output on your mixer to cater for the extra amp?

Edited by mjmac

Regards

Matt (mjmac)

www.zeroradio.co.uk

Lee, thats a lot of cash for a non powered sub

does your amp allow signal pass through

Bit confused by this!

I assume your amp is an RMX-1850HD. These will run loads at 2 ohms.

You can either run the two tops off the left channel and the bass cab on the right (working in mono) or you can hook one top cab to the left channel, one to the right (stereo) then piggyback the bass bin off either the left or right channel.

Since the amp will work at 2 ohms it doesnt matter if you run the bass bin in parallel or 2-way crossover mode, use whichever sounds better. I would keep it set to parallel so the top cabs are more balanced.

Those MacGregor bins arent too bad for the money but they are a budget brand compared to Adlib, so dont pay over the odds for it.