Dj's United

This is a quick warning to those of you that may be seeing supposedly cheap branded lighting fx on ebay etc...

In China (I have been told) there is no copyright law - so many big brands are being copied and exported here without the end user knowing sometimes - which could mean the real brand wont repair or recognise the product. My girlfriend purchased a Canon 7D digital camera from Digital revolution last year - a massive online camera retailer based in Honk Kong - she has recently tried to insure it but cannot do so because Canon have confirmed its not genuine! Anyway... I have found 2 places where a lot of this fake stuff is being sold & some is being sold on ebay - look out for fake sennheiser and sure products - another site is alibaba.com - this is where the big chineese factories sell to importers that then sell the items as genuine or "briefly describe the item" banking on you to believe its genuine - last week i saw some martin wizard extreme's on there!

There are some interesting items which are not copies but i just wanted to let you guys know because some of these items are very hard to sport. A friend told me to look for spelling mistakes in the manuals and graded packaging and accesories

All Anthems Disco - Mobile Disco / DJ Hire - Cornwall

Hopefully you are speaking as a genuine customer of this business and you've bought one of these items from the Ebay Sennheiser seller that you've actively linked to and had the product which you purchased from them independently verified as a fake?. I only mention it, as if he is a business, and comes across your comments on google and decides to that the comments you have made are false, defamatory or are otherwise untrue, it can get pretty expensive if you are wrong and can't provide any independant proof to defend the comments which you made publicly, if he decided to escalate the matter to legal action, especially if its determined that any comments made cost him lost business and revenue, and also damaged his business reputation.

He does have 100% feedback after all and most of it recent and in relation to the product which you've highlighted, and this is something which i'd find a bit strange if he'd been peddling sub-standard products of any kind on Ebay for more than 12 months. Some genuine dealers on Ebay don't have 100% feedback :rolleyes: , you would think that just one person in that time would have been less than happy with the quality of the product and complained, using negative or neutral feedback, but there isn't one such occurance.

Of course. if you are a genuine customer of this company, and have confirmation in writing from the manufacturer or a distributor that the product you've bought is indeed, a fake product, then you have nothing to fear and it does need to be highlighted.

China is the source of many counterfeit products, and these days its not just fashion wear which is being faked, although this isn't especially new information, as its been going on for years. More worrying is the large number of counterfeit electronic components finding their way into genuine manufacturers products in all industries.

But Chinese counterfeit products only begin to be an issue or a risk when Dj's start buying product from outside the official franchised distributors and are tempted by the lure of big savings from back street outlets or online websites which only carry mobile numbers, hotmail email addresses and no postal address information, and offer prices which are often too good to be true.

If you buy Denon from a Denon Dealer, Acme from an Acme Dealer...etc you'll never get stung in this way, and just like we often tell our own clients - pay the top rates to assure only the best, and you won't ever be disappointed with the resulting service.

Another issue with buying from outside of the UK using sites like Alibaba isn't only limited to the risk of counterfeit goods. Its also the small matter of the duty and vat which will get lumped on it by customs, and this can run well into three figures. In addition to that, most delivery agents like DHL and TNT will also add an 'admin' charge to the bill of around £25, to cover the cost of clearing the goods and dealing with customs on your behalf. Suddenly that £200 bargain from Hong Kong becomes a £300 millstone, and ends up being £30 more than the cost of it from the UK Dealer network. Of course if it goes wrong under warranty, it will probably cost you £70+ in freight just to send it back, and another set of customs charges when the replacement is sent