Dj's United

Kam Kba10 Amplifier

Hey guys!

Havent been on here for AGES!!! mainly due to working as a bluecoat and entertainer on other parks!

Just getting back in to gigging, went to try my amplifier and having issues already!!

Heres whats happening, When playing music through the unit, it clips at low volume, and clips on ever bass hit. I have the amplifier on half power, and the mixer also on half power and have tried blowing hot air from a hair drier into it (incase its got damp or cold since last used!)

But still no luck.

Running out of ideas and my first gig is SATURDAY!!!!!! Any ideas, or tips, help is welcome... I just need the amp... its a double gig day and don't really have the money to hire or buy a new one.

If anyone can answer this... its you guys here!!

thanks in advance!!

J

BIG Fish Discos

Does the actual music sound like its clipping?, does it sound funny or distorted in any way even at low levels?

Have you tried different speaker leads and signal leads between the Amplifier and Mixer?

Does the mixer have an output 'vu' level display which can be switched to mimic the output level?, if so switch it to monitor the main output and see if the VU level is also showing high at the mixer end, as it may be the mixer which is putting out high levels and not the Amp.

Sounds a daft question, but if you have not used it for some time, have your double checked that the amp is connected to the 'master' output jacks on the Mixer and not to the Booth, Effect Send or Sub-Bass outputs. Sorry its an obvious question but these things can happen.

If that fails, try PM'ing "Superstardeejay' he used to be the technical guru here and probably the best person to answer technical queries.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'