Dj's United

Killer Or Filler

Al Wilson - The Snake.

One of those marmite tracks, either the crowd love it or hate it :D

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is always a great idea for a forum thread. I like discussing tracks that either fill the floor or go down like a lead balloon. Potentially I think any song can be like this. 'Love Shack' has been known to scare people away in my experience. I would personally sit down if this track came on!

However, some that have notably scared people away when they normally keep people up dancing or draw them in include:

Beyonce - Crazy In Love

Amy Winehouse/Mark Ronson - Valerie

Most Rihanna tracks

Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head (when it was really popular)

Third World - Dancing On The Floor

Jacksons - Blame it on the Boogie

Stevie Wonder - Superstition

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Dire Straits - Walk of Life (I remember crossing my fingers before I hit the play button at least twice)

John Holt - Help Me Make It Through The Night

Town called malice,,,

I'm lucky that people have always danced to A Town Called Malice in my experience. However, I have had several occasions where the number of people dancing has halved as soon as Weller starts the first verse! :D

I think it's a great track though it definitely isn't my favourite Jam song.

I once saw ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' become a dancefloor killer at one of the first gigs I helped out on. The previous track (something like 'Rock The Boat') had managed to get a load of people up dancing but ABBA caused an exodus. In fact the entire party was like it - loads of people got up for one dance and would promptly sit back down again as soon as the next song came on.

John Holt - Help Me Make It Through The Night

Now this is spooky

I was asked for this track, I don't have it, tried to "get hold" of it there and then (Iphone technology) and couldn't find in on the www and was told that every DJ she has seen before has this track and that I wasn't a proper DJ etc etc....

:D

Now this is spooky

I was asked for this track, I don't have it, tried to "get hold" of it there and then (Iphone technology) and couldn't find in on the www and was told that every DJ she has seen before has this track and that I wasn't a proper DJ etc etc....

Hey Hellbound1972

I've just posted on your funny story thread about this darn track!

Yes, wasn't it spooky that I'd mentioned it on the forum a few days before what happened at your gig?

I bet you'll never want to hear of it again! :D

working last night and the track that got everyone up was : GONZALEZ I HAVEN'T STOPPED DANCING YET

:D what a top tune

That is definitely a top tune and it's so underplayed these days. I haven't played that at a gig in years. I like the song so much it's even on my personal MP3 player.

Talking of another often forgotten tune, which I hear was a good floor filler at the time, I got a great reaction when I played 'Think I'm Gonna Fall In Love With You' by The Dooleys at a few gigs last year.

I wonder if that might re-enter a few people's minds again shortly with the upcoming performances on Top of the Pops 1977 on BBC 4.

There are so many better tracks from the late 70s/early 80s that I wish were as popular as the old chestnuts we usually get asked for from that era. I was nearly knocked sideways when somebody asked for 'Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)' by the Jacksons at a gig recently. Quite a few of them danced to it too - one lady in front of me said to her mate, "Oh I know this one now" when the chorus started. :D