Dj's United

Birthday Party 20 & 50 At The Same Venue/time...

Hi

Got my first gig in less than 2 weeks and a great start birthday party for a 20yr old and his 50 yr old mother. Got a an idea of music they want, but just need ideas on when people arrive, leading up to the buffet. Planned chart stuff/ classics after. Also i'm using i tunes through Virtual DJ, any idea how I can filter out explicit lyrics - at least before 9pm?

Cheers for any help.

Ideally you would be much better off just getting the clean radio edit of the tracks you are talking about.

You could assign an effect on VDJ and trigger it every time there is an explicit lyric but you've got to know the track word for word. It's not so easy when you put it into practice either. Maybe you're trying to mix in the next track while there is still swearing you need to filter, you've got a guest shouting in your ear for a request and he can't remember the title only it goes like this "dum dum dum", and you've got a kid swinging on your speakers.

Put it all together and you're waiting for a disaster. You just know that Aunty Mary is going to come over and start complaining about the swearing cos there's kids in here and it's disgusting.....

The other option is edit the track yourself in advance and make yourself a clean version.

It really is sooooo much easier to grab a radio edit and relax. No complaints, no marks on your reputation.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk