Dj's United

Spike/power Surge Protection

hi , just starting up on my own and have been told i should get spike / power surge protection for my gear .....is it really needed ? and can anyone point me in the right direction for something that would do the job at cheapest possible price .... cheers for any help

maplins do one that looks a bit like an rcd that you plug into the socket in the wall, then your extension lead goes into that.About £8. Worth it , but will only work once so if it does blow and you suspect the electrics are dodgy dont plug anything else in .

maplins do one that looks a bit like an rcd that you plug into the socket in the wall, then your extension lead goes into that.About £8. Worth it , but will only work once so if it does blow and you suspect the electrics are dodgy dont plug anything else in .

they are worth it by the way, £8 to save your gear , you can also buy a tester that plugs into the socket, that will tell you if the socket is not right , tester

Hi

You san also get Surge / Spike protectors built in to a multi-way extension lead PC world sell these.

Shop about first some will even give you some insurance cover for you equipment but you will need to read the small print to find out if you are covered out of he home.

Professional DJ Since 1983 - Having worked in Clubs, Pubs, Mobile and Radio in the UK and Europe

29 Years Experience and still learning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with RCA sockets shutting off the power due to their equipment (amp turned up to high, too many extensions running out of one extension block or even a smoke machine), i've always used surge protected multiway extensions but if there are no accidental cut outs with RCA's id definately prefer to have a couple at the wall sockets.

let me know what you think?

Cheers, Lee

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with RCA sockets shutting off the power due to their equipment (amp turned up to high, too many extensions running out of one extension block or even a smoke machine), i've always used surge protected multiway extensions but if there are no accidental cut outs with RCA's id definately prefer to have a couple at the wall sockets.

let me know what you think?

Cheers, Lee

oops sorry for the typo - mean RCD :/