Dj's United

Linking A Power Amp To Another Amp

Hi,

I am pretty new so please bare with me.

I am venturing out on my own once again and after 15 years things have changed a bit, its all digital and a lot more advanced than it used to be.

Basically I have 1000watt digital power mixer and another 1600watt amp, I am running two 600watt top speakers and 2 800watt bass bins.

This is the first power mixer I have used and I love it, but I want to make sure when i connect the other amp, i am doing it correctly and do not blow everything up.

the outputs on the power mixer (not the output jacks to speakers, i am not that daft) I have are: Mixer output (left and right) and records phono jacks (left and right). I am assuming these could be use to connect to the inputs (left and right) to the amp.

sorry if i am being a little thick here, this is pretty new to me. I have always used in the past a separate mixer and 1 amp.

thanks in advance

Gary

Starlight-Party.co.uk

Mixer Outputs or Master Outputs are better for connection to a power amp.

Record Outputs will still work, however record outputs tend to be at a much lower level (sensitivity) than mixer / master jack outputs, meaning there will probably be a big difference in the volume between the speakers driven directly from the Mixer and the ones driven from the external amp

So, I would stick to connecting the External amplifier by using the main 'L' and 'R' mixer jack outputs from the Mixer, rather than the ones marked for 'Record' - this way the sound levels will stay fairly matched.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'