Dj's United

Hi Guys, are any of you like me? a bit of a "can,t walk past a dj shop", kind of guy?

So far I must have gathered around 16 speakers, 6 power amps, two power amp/mixers, far too many lights to mention, (I once bought a laser light and a smoke machine and only use it at halloween,

Speakers, Mcgregor 210 thingies (Nice sound but i keep blowing the tweeter!) 2 skytec (My first purchase but still going strong, ), two behringer 300w things (Really heavy but really nice sound), Two Wharfedale titan 12,s Two NJD,s 300w (Really warm sound) and a couple of other mongrels I,ve collected,

Just to go off topic does anyone know of a good speaker repairer in the glasgow area?

Amps,

Numark dimension 4

Two Crest ca6,s

Behringer pmp5000

Two Behringer pmx2500

Warrior amp

Peavey ipr1600

I could go on but you get the picture, Does anyone else have this disease and whats the best way to go here?

I know if I sell it I will probably just end up buying other stuff.

My weakness is buying second hand Disco Bargains from Ebay and the classifieds, for the last few years our garage has been full of some 'retro' style club lighting effects, which I intended to clean up / fix etc, but have never gotten around too!.

I've had some pretty good bargains in the past, but have wayyyyy too much equipment to ever get any functional use from, especially as the North West is something of a desert for mobile work at the moment, as the dreary summer so far hasn't really inspired or kick started the tourist industry up here in the Lake District, i'm seriously thinking of a little diversity into selling wellingtons, boats and umbrellas !!

In respect of the McGregors, often 'clipping' an amplifier will cause tweeters to fail, even if the amplifier is actually rated below the RMS rating of the speaker. If your amplifier frequently lights its 'peak' led's then this would pretty much take out tweeters easily, regardless of its power output. Just a thought!.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

My weakness is buying second hand Disco Bargains from Ebay and the classifieds, for the last few years our garage has been full of some 'retro' style club lighting effects, which I intended to clean up / fix etc, but have never gotten around too!.

I've had some pretty good bargains in the past, but have wayyyyy too much equipment to ever get any functional use from, especially as the North West is something of a desert for mobile work at the moment, as the dreary summer so far hasn't really inspired or kick started the tourist industry up here in the Lake District, i'm seriously thinking of a little diversity into selling wellingtons, boats and umbrellas !!

In respect of the McGregors, often 'clipping' an amplifier will cause tweeters to fail, even if the amplifier is actually rated below the RMS rating of the speaker. If your amplifier frequently lights its 'peak' led's then this would pretty much take out tweeters easily, regardless of its power output. Just a thought!.

Yeah, thats what i was told when I bought them, but i,m pretty careful not to let them clip, however, I think it,s the Karaoke Kamikazi,s who go "WHooooooooo" into the mic that does it, So Now when i do Karaoke gigs then i just use the njd,s, (Bulletproof)

Exactly the same here! I realised last week that I had 12 mixers, 40 Disco effects, 30 Par 56 cans etc.

I have had to get a storage unit to put my equipment in. I just buy equipment if its on a special offer in a shop or I see something going cheap on eBay.

Last week I listed all of this equipment and have sold the lot, but today am going through all the packing and posting it.

Nice to know I am not the only one lol :Thumbup:

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

however, I think it,s the Karaoke Kamikazi,s who go "WHooooooooo" into the mic that does it,

A compressor/limiter might be a good buy, even if you only insert it into the mic channel. Not only will it protect your speakers but also cut down on the annoyance caused by it to those in the vicinity!. You can often pick up Behringers and the like for around £80, or cheaper on the second hand market

I have had to get a storage unit to put my equipment in

A storage facility sounds like a good idea for my ever growing collection. Do you rent privately or do you use one of those commercial facilities like 'Big Yellow' or whatever they call themselves these days.

I've been a long time hoarder of Disco Equipment for years, and I never throw anything away either, just put it on one side for 'repair'. Currently I have about ten years worth of repairs, as well as new Ebay purchases, and in addition to the garage, I dont think there is one wardrobe which doesn't have an NJD or Abstract box in the bottom of it.

I used to laugh at my old neighbour, as he used to do car boot sales, and nearly always came back at the end of the day with more stuff than he went off with......then I realised I was doing exactly the same thing with Disco Equipment :wall:

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

It is a with a company similar to Big Yellow Storage. They offered me a unit for a very good price. The idea was to clear my house out of all DJ gear but it has once again started to fill up lol.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk