Dj's United

Hi guys(and gals)

we are relatively new to this entire scene.....basically we set it up because my partner is a singer and had to get her own equipment...so something else to pay the bills...

we currently have:

2 x wharfdale titan 12's

1 x QTX 15" sub (800W)

1 x yamaha mg82cx mixer

1 x laptop for playing music

1 x kam Mushroom LED light

1 x Intimidation FLARE LED light

1 x Heavy Duty T-Bar Stand for lights

and we have just purchased

http://electromarket.co.uk/product/4PLAYCL...n+RGB+LED+Light

with a Stand for these...

just wondering people's thoughts on these items..

the sound from the speakers we have is loud enough for a large hall and is still clear enough without "speaker farting"(for lack of a better term)

what do you think of the items we have so far.....

and what do you think of the lights we have just purchased...

Its only my personal opinion, but although LED technology is far more advanced than it was during these discussions a year or so ago, I still find even the 3w and 7w based LED effects to be underpowered when compared to conventional lighting effects using 250W halogen lamps.

Don't get me wrong, LED's work well in small to medium venues with 'bright' decor and freshly painted white walls, but I play a lot of older style venues, which have dark paneling, stained wood floors and are generally 'dark' and need a bit of lighting to cheer them up. In these types of venues I find my LED effects look 'lost' especially if used alongside more traditional effects using halogen or discharge lamps where the difference is obvious.

Personally, i'd be looking for either a couple of effects, or maybe a single large centrepiece effect which uses conventional lamps, in case you get to work in larger venues, or one similar to the ones I describe. Often these types of effects can be picked up pretty cheaply second hand on fleabay.

Some good halogen based effects are the NJD Datamoon, Abstract Twister 4, Martin Destroyer - all effects which have been around for years, but have at some point found their way into a lot of DJ's lightshows.

If you are thinking of a centrepiece type effect, then you can't go too far wrong with a Martin syncrozap, Martin Raptor, Spektronic Broken Swing

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Its only my personal opinion, but although LED technology is far more advanced than it was during these discussions a year or so ago, I still find even the 3w and 7w based LED effects to be underpowered when compared to conventional lighting effects using 250W halogen lamps.

Don't get me wrong, LED's work well in small to medium venues with 'bright' decor and freshly painted white walls, but I play a lot of older style venues, which have dark paneling, stained wood floors and are generally 'dark' and need a bit of lighting to cheer them up. In these types of venues I find my LED effects look 'lost' especially if used alongside more traditional effects using halogen or discharge lamps where the difference is obvious.

I totally agree. I still use my 24v 250Watt scanners and DMX Twisters.

I did buy a couple of the American DJ Comscans but sold them on as the brightness was nowhere near my existing scanners.

However I have bought a couple of these units:

KAM LED RGBW CONCEPT DMX

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/stk_img_med/L/E/D/LEDCONCEPT.JPG

I have been very pleased with these lights. I always tend to use my older lighting but take two of these units out so I can alternate between these and the twisters.

LED effects are getting much better, but personally I would only go for either the KAM LED CONCEPT or a scanner or twister effect that has at least a 20watt LED.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk