Dj's United

I didn't know where to put this topic but this may seem like a daft question but i have a laser light that am wanting to use on to a tri-pod speaker stand with a bracket on the top just to save time and space on a truss or t-bar stand but i can only place the laser light on to the bracket if the laser is upside down and was just wondering if this would give any type of strain or gravity force on the motors that move the mirrors inside the unit to give the laser effect, I know it sounds stupid with everything fixed into place inside the unit but i was just a little concerned hanging it upside down

I didn't know where to put this topic but this may seem like a daft question but i have a laser light that am wanting to use on to a tri-pod speaker stand with a bracket on the top just to save time and space on a truss or t-bar stand but i can only place the laser light on to the bracket if the laser is upside down and was just wondering if this would give any type of strain or gravity force on the motors that move the mirrors inside the unit to give the laser effect, I know it sounds stupid with everything fixed into place inside the unit but i was just a little concerned hanging it upside down and whether it would do damage in the long run.

any one? this has been up for 3 days and the party is tomorrow night and i have a wedding party to on the Saturday afternoon till 12 at night so i need to know asap if it's going to be ok otherwise i wont be risking it

Given that incorrectly positioned / angled lasers can potentially cause serious eye damage, I would be using the best mounting equipment I could find and mounting the laser exactly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

Claims for blinding people or even temporary eye damage can run into large sums of money, I wouldn't be taking any risks with lasers whatsoever however how small or insignificant that risk may appear to be, as I would ultimately be the one held responsible, both financially and legally if the brown stuff did hit the fan.

This is worth a read

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg224.htm

So in answer to your question, I wouldn't be dabbling with ad-hoc mounting methods on potentially dangerous laser lighting effects where the public are concerned. So I would either not be using the laser at all, or at least sacrificing another effect from off the main truss in order to mount the laser correctly and in a manner which removed any risk to members of the audience, however small or unlikely that may seem.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Given that incorrectly positioned / angled lasers can potentially cause serious eye damage, I would be using the best mounting equipment I could find and mounting the laser exactly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

Claims for blinding people or even temporary eye damage can run into large sums of money, I wouldn't be taking any risks with lasers whatsoever however how small or insignificant that risk may appear to be, as I would ultimately be the one held responsible, both financially and legally if the brown stuff did hit the fan.

This is worth a read

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg224.htm

So in answer to your question, I wouldn't be dabbling with ad-hoc mounting methods on potentially dangerous laser lighting effects where the public are concerned. So I would either not be using the laser at all, or at least sacrificing another effect from off the main truss in order to mount the laser correctly and in a manner which removed any risk to members of the audience, however small or unlikely that may seem.

the laser is a blue 300mw, i don't shine the laser on to people on the dance floor i always make sore it's well above there heads, the's been quite a few partys i have been to and other dj's have used mass amounts of lasers pointing on to the dance floor i think to many of them get away with it these days and the hse don't really look in to it, you get get away with it in the uk but most country's need a licence for laser beams depends on what brightness there are at.

as for the bracket am using i have just tied a bungee cord around it for the laser

Can you not just take the bracket off the laser and mount it under the laser instead of above it?

the swing arm doesn't go all the way round on the laser like on other lights but in the end i didn't bother to take it with me, i was just going to hang it upside down any ways for a few hours. the bracket i use sits on top of a speaker stand pole and the bracket it's self is of a truss bar, like a T-shape with a clamp on top to hold the truss in to place, was just to save me taking the truss and other stands just for 1 laser which would of been pointless. now with both party's over al not be deejaying for awhile now