Dj's United

Well today I've been looking at all my old stuff at moms house and I have a lot more equipment than I thought I had. Some of which I can use again, some of which maybe need repairing.

Anyway I have a Hercules DJ console RMX controller with a copy of virtual DJ. It's a good little program and to be honest have only ever used it as a bedroom set up.

I want to get into the digital age and wondered would this hold up as regular device or is it more useful as a back up?

I have a laptop (Sony Vaio) which has a few missing keys on it, but I am hoping I can reformat it and stick xp on it and maybe repair the keys. I also have a 250gb harddrive which I have barely used so the stuff is there.

Anyone got any experience with this controller?

P.s does anyone know if this controller is compatible with other software?

I've been using the RMX for about 3 years now and still use it as my main playout.

I've been considering updating to something newer but I love my RMX to bits, it does everything I need it to and it's maybe more importantly it's been rock solid reliable.

I use it with VDJ but I believe it can be mapped to other software.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

I have an RMX which I use for playing in clubs and bars with intsalled gear, I use a denon playout system for mobile work. The RMX is very good indeed, it hasn't missed a beat in all the time I have used it and is perfectly adequate for mobile work and basic mixing. It can be mapped to work with other programs, but I use it with VDJ. I would go as far as saying that the RMX is the best value for money piece of kit I own, I bought it used but in mint condition and it still looks brand new. There are far more sexy units now on the market like the DN-MC6000 or the Native Instruments and Vestax controllers but you'll pay dearly for that kind of quality. I find the RMX does everything I need and would definately recommend it.

www.tipperarypartydj.com