Dj's United

Hey Guys and Gals

Just tried to reinstall my Traktor LE onto a new laptop but it wont accept the serial key as it was registered on my old machine. NI were no help at all.

Any ideas or a generic serial key floating around?

Ta

Traktor licenses can be used on upto two machines, provided they aren't in use simultaneously. So using it on a second (new) laptop as part of upgrading shouldn't be an issue, as long as the original one is now defunct.

Simply log into your account using your original registration details, retrieve your serial and activation details from your original purchase, and activate the second laptop in exactly the same manner as you did the first (original) one, then delete the old installation from the first laptop.

Provided its only the second time the key / details have been used , then it will activate just fine, under their own EULA. You don't need to contact their support department at all.

From the N.I website:-

Do I need a second license to install my NI product on a second computer?

The end user license agreement (EULA) for Native Instruments products allows the simultaneous installation on two computers (three computers for all versions of MASCHINE and KOMPLETE), as long as only one installation is used at any given time.

It is not necessary to "deactivate" an existing installation to activate the product on any further machine, but due to the license agreement it is required to uninstall the product from the previously used computer.

Link:- http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledg...ond+computer%3F

Problem solved.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Traktor licenses can be used on upto two machines, provided they aren't in use simultaneously. So using it on a second (new) laptop as part of upgrading shouldn't be an issue, as long as the original one is now defunct.

Simply log into your account using your original registration details, retrieve your serial and activation details from your original purchase, and activate the second laptop in exactly the same manner as you did the first (original) one, then delete the old installation from the first laptop.

Provided its only the second time the key / details have been used , then it will activate just fine, under their own EULA. You don't need to contact their support department at all.

From the N.I website:-

Link:- http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledg...ond+computer%3F

Problem solved.

There is the problem, I want to keep the old one as a back up

I wouldn't imagine there would be any real problem with keeping the original as back up, as the EULA does clearly state two machines per license, I think they are more concerned about both machines being used at the same time, i.e running at two different gigs with two different DJ's

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'