Dj's United

Hi,

I have an out of warranty QSC K12 that will not power on & it's not the power lead that is the problem.Anyone got any suggestions ? Have you seen this issue before ? Is there an internal fuse that may have blown & if so, where is it located ?

Any help would be appreciated.

I thought Warranties on QSC products ran to 5 or 6 years?. Surely it can't be that old?.

I can't find a circuit diagram, so you will have to remove the Amplifier Module from the back, and check over the PCB for physical fuses, or fusable resistors.

I've attached the exploded parts list so you can at least see how it comes apart :D

qsc_k12_exploded_drawing_with_parts_list.pdf

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I thought Warranties on QSC products ran to 5 or 6 years?. Surely it can't be that old?.

I can't find a circuit diagram, so you will have to remove the Amplifier Module from the back, and check over the PCB for physical fuses, or fusable resistors.

I've attached the exploded parts list so you can at least see how it comes apart :D

I purchased the speakers from Music Store.de in Germany which only offered a 3 year warranty & they are only out by just over 1 month !!

I do'nt think QSC Europe offer that same 6 year warranty as they do in the US apparently (at least I ca'nt find it on their website).

Thanks for the exploded parts list.

I purchased the speakers from Music Store.de in Germany which only offered a 3 year warranty & they are only out by just over 1 month !!

I do'nt think QSC Europe offer that same 6 year warranty as they do in the US apparently (at least I ca'nt find it on their website).

Don't you just hate it when that happens, I thought I was the only one blighted with the out of warranty curse. I remember seeing that Warranties had been extended on QSC products, but I didn' realise that they were only honoured on the U.S market.

You could always play the aggrieved customer card, and contact QSC directly, appealing to their better nature and ask why their customers are better valued by them in the U.S than those in Europe - as demonstrated and indicated by their terms of warranty period, you may get a 'goodwill' gesture from them given how recent the warranty ended, if you shout up and down and complain loudly enough. It would only require an email to a few key people within their head office to ask!.

Send your email to:- Tech_Support@qscaudio.com

Also copy the email 'complaint' to these key people within QSC

joe_pham@qscaudio.com

greg_mclagan@qscaudio.com

margaret_jenkins@qscaudio.com

If that fails, then you might want to make contact with 'Superstardeejay' he runs a technical repair centre in the UK, and is very experienced with the big brand names in the industry, he may be willing to give some advice or offer a competitive price for a repair.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showuser=1858

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Don't you just hate it when that happens, I thought I was the only one blighted with the out of warranty curse. I remember seeing that Warranties had been extended on QSC products, but I didn' realise that they were only honoured on the U.S market.

You could always play the aggrieved customer card, and contact QSC directly, appealing to their better nature and ask why their customers are better valued by them in the U.S than those in Europe - as demonstrated and indicated by their terms of warranty period, you may get a 'goodwill' gesture from them given how recent the warranty ended, if you shout up and down and complain loudly enough. It would only require an email to a few key people within their head office to ask!.

Send your email to:- Tech_Support@qscaudio.com

Also copy the email 'complaint' to these key people within QSC

joe_pham@qscaudio.com

greg_mclagan@qscaudio.com

margaret_jenkins@qscaudio.com

If that fails, then you might want to make contact with 'Superstardeejay' he runs a technical repair centre in the UK, and is very experienced with the big brand names in the industry, he may be willing to give some advice or offer a competitive price for a repair.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/index.php?showuser=1858

You are a star ! :) Thanks for those contacts. Although, I have just discovered my original emails going back & forth to Musicstore 3 years ago and realised the date on the invoice was weeks earlier than my delivery date as the stuff was not in stock at the time of first ordering.I discovered an email that I had sent asking about where my order was & this was days within my warranty period so Musicstore better sort this out for me.I sent them a copy of the email last Friday morning & they still have not replied yet. Do'nt think their customer service is as good as Thomann's.