Photo

Vdj Full Pro Only Version For Controllers?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sputnick007

sputnick007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

I have been using the free basic version of VDJ and realy love it, but recently bought a controller and find that a controller is not usable with it. Mailed tech and was told to buy Full pro version but it is about 250.
Some dj`s have been using VDJ LE that came with some hardware but it cant be used unless you have the original serial No.
Any comments please.

#2 McCardle

McCardle

DJU Veteran

• Community Leader
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

I use to have an old saying that went along the lines of, "if you have a use for something and really need it then you'll pay for it, no matter how much it costs"

The fact you are debating over the price, I suspect means you are hesitant about buying it, which makes me wonder whether you really need one and can get by without it.

Or you can buy a serial number.

I think that just about covers your choices biggrin.gif

At the end of the day, if you are a professional DJ (one who charges money for their services) then its a piece of tax deductable hardware which costs the price of a couple of gigs, but only you can decide whether its worth that investment.

Edited by McCardle, 16 October 2012 - 10:39 PM.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

#3 DJTREV

DJTREV

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Have you tried Traktor.
I have been using it for a while now and find it works very well and it is much cheaper than VDJ.
This is not a rehearsal
This is it - grab it while you can.

#4 fester

fester

Experienced Contributor

• Community Leader
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Get in touch with VDJ support.

I bought a B Stock Hercules RMX a few years ago which didn't come supplied with VDJ LE (I knew this when I bought it to be totally honest).
I emailed VDJ explaining I had bought a b stock controller that was missing it's VDJ LE disc, they incredibly kindly sent me a new CD and serial number biggrin.gif

I upgraded to pro shortly after when I was sure I wanted to stick with being a software & controller DJ.
Craig

Dance Sounds Disco
http://www.discosheffield.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users