Dj's United

Led Moving Lights

Hi All,

New here but looking for some advice on lighting, I currently have a feww effects and Battens but want to move into moving lights. would love Martin etc but don`t really have that kinda cash.....

I`ve been looking on a site called Speaker and Lighting at the moving lights, I know the Phantom 50 are supposed to be amazing but I want something a bit brighter and more functions.

I was looking at the Indigo 5500, not the best looking but looks good on paper. Does anyone have any experience with these, I`ve had Showtec kit before and have always been pretty please, but when it comes to this amount of money I want to sure.

Cheers

Speakers and lighting

I can`t find an edit button, anyway this is the link

Hi All,

New here but looking for some advice on lighting, I currently have a feww effects and Battens but want to move into moving lights. would love Martin etc but don`t really have that kinda cash.....

I`ve been looking on a site called Speaker and Lighting at the moving lights, I know the Phantom 50 are supposed to be amazing but I want something a bit brighter and more functions.

I was looking at the Indigo 5500, not the best looking but looks good on paper. Does anyone have any experience with these, I`ve had Showtec kit before and have always been pretty please, but when it comes to this amount of money I want to sure.

Cheers

Hi ant096,

I assume your just looking for some fixtures for your disco? Or do you have other uses for these new moving heads?

Honestly, regardless of that, I think you underestimate how powerful the Phantom 50 LED fixtures are - not just in terms of brightness, but overall functionality. The only (very minor) thing they lack is that the prism doesn't rotate. And I use them for shows in cathedral-size venues with no problems.

While I don't doubt the Indigos are incredible effects, it's asking yourself if you really need to spend in excess of a grand more on light output that you don't really need.

Give Anthony at Avantls.co.uk a buzz, he did me the best deal by far on a pair of the Phantom 50s.

Hope this helps,

D.

Following up on that...

Just realised that speakersandlighting.co.uk is Anthony's website!! :P

Call him anyway, i'm sure he could work out a deal for you.

D.

Hi D,

Thank you for the reply, I did take it in just forgot to reply.

I called him and yes he did actually advise me to take the Phantom 50`s. Although I needed something with a bit more as I do Stage and Large events as well.

The Indigo`s are amazing for the price, have all the functionality I need and more. The output is very bright and very sharp. I did look at the Phantoms, but like you say the prism doesn`t rotate and they are manual focus which is fine but I think I would of missed that on the stage.

Anyway thank you for the advice, although now I`m thinking do I save up and get a couple of the Phantom 50`s as well :) I`ve heard lots of great reviews.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

I have considered getting the Indigo 150 Moving heads, They are really good priced, and after seeing them at my local circus I was very impressed.

Showtec Indigo 150 Moving Head

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk