Dj's United

Hi Guys,

Scott here or my terrible DJ name (DJ Skeepa) Skeepa, being like a goal "keeper" . . . . . .

Anyways, it looks a little quite around here, i hope there are lots of people here to talk to.

I'm 21 years old and have been DJ'ing since i was 12, i started on a pair of Citronic turntables trying to mix a bit of hard house and trance, then gave up as i was terrible at it. A couple of years later i started again and purchased myself a set of 1210s and got unto House music, primarily Funky House, (and i mean proper funky house, late 90s early 00s funky house, not this UK funky they call funky house nowa days).

From the 1210s i bought a set of CDJ800s and from the 800s i took the plunge and I now have a set of CDJ 2000s and a DJM 2000s mixer.

I've DJed in a couple of clubs primarily in Northampton and Milton Keynes and tried to bring the club music to various pubs in Milton Keynes as well. I've now decided DJ'ing in these "commercial" clubs isn't for me coz i'm a house lover, as in Funky House, Soulful House, Electro House and all you ever get in the clubs nowa days is Rihanna and Lady Gaga! . . . .

As i've retreated from DJ'ing professionally i'm considering selling my CDJ2000s to get a controller, to take up less space in my house and frankly free us some much needed cash flow!

Thank you for reading my life story and i hope to speak to you all soon :)