Dj's United

Letter From Ppl / Prs

For the fifth year running i've received a letter from PPL / PRS informing me that I need one of their overpriced licenses in order to play the radio in my business premises :rolleyes:

My 'Business Premises' is a 4 bedroomed house in the middle of a residential estate which employs no staff and to which the public have no access. Have the muppets at PPL not figured out how Google Earth and Street View works? :ads: perhaps they should put some of their money into investing in basic internet training for their staff.

They also need to learn how to correctly spell my surname :cow:

Looks like they are getting desperate for cash, and just randomly targetting businesses, any businesses including those run from home or sole traders with no staff.

On four previous occasions i've explained the situation over the phone and was told that my details would be removed from their database, on each of those occasions they failed to follow it through and just issued a further letter the following year.

I feel really sorry for the music industry, having their interests placed in the hands of such incompetence, seriously they make most DJ'ing entities look like bright stars in comparison :lol:

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Plonkers! It sounds similar to an issue my Grandfather had with TV Licensing in the early 2000s.

My Grandfather had completed all the relevant paperwork for getting a free TV Licence (he was well over 75 in the early 2000s) and this had been sorted out for about 4 years before he started receiving threatening letters about non-payment. He contacted them by telephone no less than 4 times and was assured that it had been an administrative error and records would be amended accordingly. It's worrying.

For the fifth year running i've received a letter from PPL / PRS informing me that I need one of their overpriced licenses in order to play the radio in my business premises :rolleyes:

Looks like they are ..............just randomly targetting businesses, any businesses including those run from home or sole traders with no staff.

That's exactly what they are and have been doing for a number of years. It's much cheaper to send out a load of letters than it is to check where they are going.