Dj's United

Just thought i'd give my opinion on these reletively cheap scanners.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this light, it is a dual mirror LED scanner. I have read elsewhere that the LED lights don't hold up on brightness when compared to Halogen lamped fitments, but this is not the case with this light. It has a total of 128 LEDs and produces sharp and bright images, which if anything can overpower my old stalwart Datamoon. A plethora of patterns can be produced along with letters, so i guess in theory could be set to peoples initials, etc. It can run in automatic (sound to light), master?slave and DMX modes (6 Channel).

I currently run two of these units (so equivalent to 4 individual scanners), and would not hesitate to replace it if anything ever happened to them. I would recommend these to anyone starting out as a relatively cheap scanner which will fill the dance floor with colour, and the beams look even better when used with a small amount of smoke.

Cool, thanks for sharing your review.

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Just thought i'd give my opinion on these reletively cheap scanners.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this light, it is a dual mirror LED scanner. I have read elsewhere that the LED lights don't hold up on brightness when compared to Halogen lamped fitments, but this is not the case with this light. It has a total of 128 LEDs and produces sharp and bright images, which if anything can overpower my old stalwart Datamoon. A plethora of patterns can be produced along with letters, so i guess in theory could be set to peoples initials, etc. It can run in automatic (sound to light), master?slave and DMX modes (6 Channel).

I currently run two of these units (so equivalent to 4 individual scanners), and would not hesitate to replace it if anything ever happened to them. I would recommend these to anyone starting out as a relatively cheap scanner which will fill the dance floor with colour, and the beams look even better when used with a small amount of smoke.

Hi what's the name of these lights you have bought cheers

Nice review, they sound great. The only thing that puts me off is the lack of gobos, personally I don't like that typically dotty LED effect.

But then again I sometimes wonder about my approach to lighting, I don't think most people give a monkeys as long as there is some colour and movement.

Craig

Dance Sounds Disco

http://www.discosheffield.co.uk