Dj's United

Hi

On the verge of buying a ultimax 1.2m DJ stand without overhead with the new curtain kit. Is there any of you guys using this stand? as I cant get the full spec on it from anywhere!! Im looking for the full height of the stand, not the shelf height the overall height, can anyone help?

Mnay thanks.. :-)

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Sorry for stating the obvious but why not just email / telephone the manufacturer and ask?

http://www.ultimax1.com/contact-us.html

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I did email them yesterday morning and its now saturday morning and still no answer!!

I also need the full height of the curtain kit that fixs to it?

I ask as i am 6'7 and dont want to look like a side show at some bodies wedding :D

I dont have any local dj shops that stock to see one or I would...

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Unfortunately todays heavy reliance on 'virtual' correspondence (email, facebook, twitter) also means its made it much easier for those on the other end to ignore or overlook it.

Face to Face or over the phone situations are a lot stronger because its harder to fob off the customer :D and usually results in getting direct answers to your direct questions, even if they don't know then you can always wait whilst the go off to find out, by email its just easier for them to click 'delete' if they don't know the answer and are too lazy to go off to ask a colleague!

Unfortunately, even in todays age of technology, sometimes you really do have to pick up the phone!

My new day job puts me in touch with businesses all over the world, and one thing that I quickly found out, is that the Chinese will normally answer emails within 30 minutes, The U.S will get back to you usually the same or next business day, but in the UK businesses are complete sloths when it comes to answering customers' questions, taking days to do so, assuming they bother to at all!. One of the reasons why the economy is screwed.

That said, first impressions are generally a good indicator to how professional a business is. So for example if a company takes ages to get back to you over a simple pre-sales enquiry, how good will they be when it comes to customer service in the event of needing spares or warranty claim?. Maybe you should take this as a sign that you should be looking for something else, perhaps backed by a better level of customer services!

Personally, if that was me, and if they hadn't got to me by Monday afternoon, i'd be cheerfully taking my business elsewhere and giving it to somebody who gave a toss

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

I totally agree. Ive had the same problem with gas fitters not calling back, it could be me lol.

Ill give them a call monday if not as I really do fancy one of these stands or Ill find my nearest stockist and take a drive.

stu

Howay the lads

Startrax

www.toon-talk.co.uk