Dj's United

Hi Everyone

I need some advice on what software to use on my lap top to play music in between karaoke singers. I can't afford KaraokeDJ software just yet (maybe at a later date).

I am currently using Virtual music MP3 Manager by ejay.com and the only thing i love about the programme is the Enqueue and crossfader and would like something that will also allow me to fade out music ready for me to kick start off a karaoke singer and random shuffle MP3 tracks.

I have tried Apple media Player but found some music tracks wouldn't play and found it quite frustrating at the best of times Windows media player well you can keep it :(

I have winamp player and a I use that to play CDG's from my hard-drive I don't have a mixer desk as yet I am looking at one of those again at a later date.

I thank you for your help and Advice :)

Kindest Regards

John

Whistling a Tune most people dance too
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I need some advice on what software to use on my lap top to play music in between karaoke singers. I can't afford KaraokeDJ software just yet (maybe at a later date).

I am currently using Virtual music MP3 Manager by ejay.com and the only thing i love about the programme is the Enqueue and crossfader and would like something that will also allow me to fade out music ready for me to kick start off a karaoke singer and random shuffle MP3 tracks.

I have tried Apple media Player but found some music tracks wouldn't play and found it quite frustrating at the best of times Windows media player well you can keep it :(

I have winamp player and a I use that to play CDG's from my hard-drive I don't have a mixer desk as yet I am looking at one of those again at a later date.

I thank you for your help and Advice :)

Kindest Regards

If your just wanting some "Inbetween" music all i do is hook up my ipod to a different channel on my mixer (Karaoke software is running through the other input), so all i do is fade out the ipod channel just before the karaoke track kicks in,,I'm not sure what you mean when you say you don't have a mixer desk, how are you doing your shows? where is the laptop sound going to? where are your mics plugged in? is it ine of those rackmount amp/mixer things? let us know a bit more about your set-up please,

John

Hi djmick :D

Thanks for your advice, I am only just starting out and have not done any shows but I am working at building myself up to a much better self standard. When i am hosting a Karaoke night at home with family and friends i have been playing MP3 music though my Laptop (Aux) through my Amp I then flick over to My Karaoke player when I have set up the CDG ready for the next singer.

The problem I have is I can't fade out the track as I don't have an IPOD or Karaoke software such as KaraokePCDJ and the crossfader after each MP3 track doesen't have the desired effect Ideally i need a music software that will allow me to have a standalone music player and give the automatic fade out of an MP3 Track and maybe allow me to automatically turn up to the volume at the click of the mouse.

I have to admit djmick I think i am trying to run before i can walk and i really need to buy the rolls royce of sound systems and mixer desk instead of using the big pile of :crap: but in a realistic moment I can't afford to do that just yet :hurt: Click on the link http://johnskaraoke.weebly.com/index.html

I will try to add a picture of my Set up I am slowly building up and Buying bits n bobs :D Thanks for your time and advice It is very much valued :Thumbup:

Kind Regards

John :djuhi:

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you could have a play with winamp and the autokdj plugin, it's all freeware.

It's pretty basic but it should do everything you to need it to.

Hi Craig ...Thanks for your advice ..it was spot-on Buddy :) I have added two plug-ins using win-amp and its sorted out all my issues and I can recommend it highly. I added the CDG Plug in and Cross fader DJ its definatly a win win :)

Thanks again

all

Cheers John x