Dj's United

Music For Kids Games

I have a family and friends fancy dress party coming up in a few weeks, What would you recommend for kids games such as musical bumps/statues ect. i have a couple in mind such as zorbas dance maybes lol but what go's down well with the kids?

Hi Bri.

With kids...absolutely anything! They are enjoying themselves playing games with friends and there's loud music blasting out. They're in heaven and couldn't care less what song is playing.

I use kids games as an opportunity to play stuff that you might never normally play at a disco but people would enjoy to hear, nonetheless. Examples include 70's stuff like Osmunds (Crazy Horses), 80's stuff like Adam Ant (Goody Two Shoes), 90's stuff like Blur (Boys and Girls), etc. Anything that keeps the adults interest high was good enough for me. Keep the tempo up for the kids, too. Think fun, high-energy tracks.

If you're in complete control and uber confident you can even get away with some proper cheese - Black Lace, Tony Christie, etc.

I loved this part of kids parties because I could really have some fun with the adults in the room who, let's face it, are probably bored out their minds.

Good luck!

[insert quirky comment]

think i will knock out a few 70's or even 80's tracks, i will have a word with the woman who is organising it. couple of songs requests before hand.

yea hopefully go's well again as i have done a few at the same place before but wanted a change in music

cheers