Dj's United

Karaoke Cdg Player Or Pcdj Karaoke

Hi All it's Annoying little me again:)

I need some advice ASAP as I may have gone over my head and I am throwing caution to the wind and need some genuine advice about Karaoke set up.

Ok I got a mobile disco...all is going great and I love it..I want to bring in Karaoke..I have now purchased PCDJ Karaoke and I have been advised to forget it and buy a Twin CDG player .

Is there any recommendations you can make

Thanks Guys

Keep up the great work

Regards

John Tulley

Whistling a Tune most people dance too

Why have you been advised against using Software in favour of a hardware based CDG Player?.

More to the point and more importantly what problems have YOU experienced using your existing combination, which has spurred you into coming to this conclusion.

Sometimes you need to remember that forums, social networking etc are simply full of personal opinions and tastes and what may not suit one DJ may be perfectly fine for the next. Equally one bad experience with something can led to scaremongering along with the obligatory sprinkling of embellishment in order to recycle the experience with added drama! :D

I ask the question on the basis that back in my Karaoke era ( I don't offer it anymore) I used what was then called OTSAV with the Karaoke plug-in flawlessly a few times a week for a couple of years. I personally found being able to locate an obscure track or indeed any track from several thousand in seconds, rather than search a case full CDG Discs to be worth the license payment alone!.

But again mine is only personal experience and opinion and based on another piece of software, but perhaps you need to try it for yourself, rather than let advice sway you into spending a further sum of money, which you may not actually need to spend.

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'