Dj's United

Need A Powered Mixer

Hi, I had a pair of Behringer B212XL Eurolive 800W 2 Way PA Speakers whist working in Spain and found they were more than capable whilst working in the bars out there. I also had a Soundlab 742ba powered mixer which did the job OK. I sold all my equipment when I returned to UK and wish I hadn't!! So much so I have just purchased another pair of Behringer B212XL Eurolive 800W 2 Way PA Speakers and would like some advice on which Powered Mixer to look at, I prefer a flat bed one which narrows it down a bit.

I was looking at the Behringer range but it has had some really bad reviews. My budget is quite low (under £300).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

To be honest, with a £300 budget, the Behringer end of the market is going to be one of a limited range of options.

However its worth remembering, that people often only go online to complain or review a product when they have an axe to grind or want to whinge about something that has failed, very few people will go to the effort of writing a review when everything is ok and so for every bad review, there could be five or ten happy people using the same product. This is pretty much the same whether reading reviews on PA Equipment, or Hotels and even Energy Companies!. Generally you'll only ever read of bad experiences and the negatives of anything online!.

Perhaps your budget would get you something better on the second hand market? such as on Ebay?. £300 should easily get you a looked after, second hand Studiomaster, or Soundcraft powered mixer. Also look at the Alto range too.

Would something like This Citronic Mixer be suitable?

Edited by McCardle

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

Thanks McCardle, you have been very helpful, I have taken a quick look at the ones you have suggested and have found a Soundcraft one which looks reasonable. Many thanks for taking the time to reply :) Happy New Year x