#1 phallman

phallman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hi 

I'm new to this forum but need advice.

I'm thinking about buying a pair of KAM DDX700 TURNTABLES. I no nothing about turntables but want them to use TIMECODE VINYL through my LAPTOP.I've heard DIRECT DRIVE is better than BELT DRIVE. Is this correct? Also which TIMECODE VINYL should i use? I've heard some have longer playing times than others. I will be using it through VIRTUAL DJ. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

#2 McCardle

McCardle

DJU Veteran

• Community Leader
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Direct drive turntables start up faster than belt drive and generally have a more positive 'feel' which scratching etc, they are generally also better built.

I'm not a big fan of Kam equipment for professional use, as it tends to be considered top end budget equipment, personally i'd buy a pair of second hand looked after Technics 1200 / 1210's which used to be industry standard, and even second hand are generally better made than budget DJ equipment.

Also consider the Stanton ST150 / STR8.150 or Audio Technica ATLP-120

Sorry, I can't answer your timecode question, but you could try asking it on the Virtual DJ Forums  http://www.virtualdj.com

"The voice of the devil is heard in our land"

'War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left, and you wont win this war.'

#3 phallman

phallman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the reply McCardle. They will mainly be for HOME USE with the odd HOUSE PARTY.

The thing is i love vinyl but to get the tracks i have on my laptop would cost a fortune. So i thought this was the best alternative.

I will check-out the VDJ FORUMS.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users