Jump to content


Music Copyright

music copyright

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BoneyM


    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:45 AM

Hi everyone!


Please help me.

I am a Hungarian DJ who works in both countries. I am interested in English music copyright and royalties’ license. I would like to know how much does it cost / year? What can I call that type of license and how can I arrange it? Thanks mates! Regards: BoneyM




    Experienced Contributor

  • Community Leader
  • 598 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi BoneyM The licence you speak of are PPL and PRS. As a working DJ you would not need to have one of these as any venue that you play at would need to have one in order to operate. If the event is a private party essentially there is no need for a licence but if you were promoting that event and charging admission then you might need what is called an occasional licence,to cover the period of the event,that is assuming the venue has no entertainements licence. That BoneyM is my interpretation of the licence you are speaking of.
This is not a rehearsal
This is it - grab it while you can.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music copyright

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users