Dj's United

Im back, what have I done now......look inside, I

QUOTE (chrismk @ Mar 25 2004, 02:16 AM)
Another thing I need to point out is to look deep into the packaging cos it looks like
Pioneer is now supplying 'Multimedia cards' I found mine in the bottom of the box

Yes, there should be a 16mb media card in the box, which the CDJ uses to remember any Memo data (non~optional).

If using memos, you will however need to manual remember, or write down, which CDs you memo'd in which deck, as the two decks wont share their memos, if you put a CD that was memo'd in deck 1, into the other deck.

Handy tip: When carrying the media cards, you may find them easy to lose/damage.

However, the plastic fliptop cases that Wrigleys Extra Thin Ice disolving strips come in, are great for most of the media cards. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/smile.gif

By the way: Missing the TV is only stage 1...going to bed at 3am when youve gotta be up at 7am is next...;)

Here's just my view point of what I think about the new Technics, it looks bloody

marvelous but I wouldnt touch if for a bar of gold, the reason is its going to look

seriously tatty and age in no time (all that chrome is going to scratch) I can the forums on the technics with the following advice line:

" Tips for keeping Technics Cd deck smudge free "

Then goes on to say:

" We recommend wearing silk or velvet gloves "

Yeah imagine these boys are going to be called 'Silky DJs'

Technics is good, very good stuff so Im not going to knock them but Im afraid the

era for functions on the future CDjs is going to hot up, nest is going to be built in

effects and touch screen platters or better still motion sensing platters where you

dont even need to push a single button, the future is here and its here now.

And to all those who have replied, sorry Im not going to name people cos there's

too many of you but I deep down acknowlegde you (salute) http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/beer.gif

Thanks for all the well wishes on my purchase and I can assure you Im luvving it.

Cheers

QUOTE (chrismk @ Mar 25 2004, 09:22 PM)
...Technics, its going to look
seriously tatty and age in no time (all that chrome...

After four days of a few dozen people touching and proding them, at PLASA 2003 last Sept, the chrome/brushed aluminium did indeed look old before its time.

Not so much scratches, but bluey/rainbowy coloured finger marks. I'm sure theres a much more technical name for them, but bluey/rainbowy will have to do.

The people on the Technics/DMC stand did mention that a dark grey/SL1210 style colour would be out about 6 months after the Silver version, with between £40~£70 price reduction.

One down side that I noticed with the Technics back then was that, at the time, it didn't have instant start, its quoted at 0.2seconds - a drawback from having a ultra heavy metal platter being so involved with the functionality. Switching the unit out of "Vinyl mode" (switch top right of unit) didn't cure the lag.

Also, I've heard a rumour stateside that the pitch steps are only .1 (10 nudges = a whole 1%) which wont bother a turntablist, but it'll mean that long running mixes are gonna need alot of treaking to stay in sync. This rumour is not confirmed as of yet, and seems too off-the-pulse for Technics to have not have offered something better, like 0.05 steps at least.

Another litte quirk, is that the large in-the-way display in the middle "hump" of the platter, has a "rotate" button...each button press rotates the image/info displayed on the the screen. This is for when you rotate the deck 90degrees to put it into Battle mode, a mode popular with the more active/agressive turntablist for it meant that the tone arm of a record deck was then out the way, at the back. However, theres no tone arm on a CD-deck, so why rotate it? Hitting eject whilst the unit is rotated offers a snag too - one of the battle-mode decks will eject the CD into the side of the mixer - Twonk! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Still the eventual release of the Technics CD-deck will serve a good purpose of breaking down the barriers of vinyl DJ's sneering at CD-DJ's. If Technics have jumped on the bandwagon (again) then it must be real. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/533.gif

QUOTE (ADS Entertainments @ Mar 23 2004, 08:27 PM)
My laptop does all tht Gary, Oh I foprgot it also stores 8000 tracks too !! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

denons are less likeley to cash thou

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/fear.gif thats it ive done it now *gulp*

Paul ''king''

Denon D.J. for life

• 4 months later...

Right, an update is due with regards to the Pioneer MKIIs, done a few private gigs

and can happily say not one glich, burp or fart in anyway has occurred whilst I

was mixing with these machines, they performed to the 'T' and actually improved

my mixing skills tremendously.

I have a feeling these decks will last the time of time they are that well made I

cant get over the feeling every time I use them, top dog, ace. how else could you

say it, they sound suberb now that I have ALL my own gear, yes ALL my own as I

didnt enjoy borrowing this here and that there although I have some good friends

it just wasnt fair on them but there again I did them favours on doing free gigs.

Proel speakers I mentioned in another topic are top notch, despite their weight

they kick ass and no sub is needed, the Behringer EP2500 punch them with ease

in fact so much so there's no need for hard driving, that amp is dangerous, top

marks to Behringer for a good solid amp and boy is it heavy enough.

Another 3 more Behringer products I got was the VMX1000 now my Numark

CM100 is my standby unit, got the Behringer MDX2600 (very good) and the

FBQ1502 Graphic, the last two products made a serious impact with good sound

quality and had many a good comment on sound quality, Im impressed.

Why all Behringer? cos I picked up a damn good deal, one I couldnt resist, sadly

my contact can no longer do deals for me as he has gone far far away.

a friend of mine bought a pair of DENON 5000s and i had about a 2 hour go on

them after taping up that damn annoying blue light and found them good still pity

about those darn horrible buttons though, thats it Im done.

If you would like to know more on the Behringer stuff I have ask as much as you

want, its that damn good.

Cheers