Dj's United

Have to agree the UL15 is a much superior speaker to the Pro 15 although it's a shame they changed the styling on them as I preferred them as they used to look (similar to the Pro's).

The Pro's tend to "rattle" slightly at certain frequencies when working hard and don't have the Black Widows in them, but if the budget won't stretch to the UL's then the Pro's aren't bad value for money.

Educating the young in the ways of the old

Heard the UL subs the other day, not to bad. I have got a massive dislike the current peavey logo though, musch preferred the older one(when the A looked like a triangle)! Just a small point i guess!!

Cant believe this thread is still around.

I think this was one of my first I ever made !!

I have still had no problems with these speakers and amps, and have had no problems at all.

I am wanting to get something a little more powerful.

I am looking at getting these next :

http://www.alfred-christensen.dk/images/SPKPEAUL215H.jpg

1000 Watts RMS continuous, 2000 Watts program, 4000 Watts peak

4 Ohms

Two 15'' (381mm) BlackWidow®, cast frame with field-replaceable basket

RX22 compression driver coupled with a CH®-941 Horn

Dispersion: 90° H x 45° V

Frequency response: 48 Hz - 17.5 kHz

Efficiency: 100dB

Neutrik® Speakon® connectors

Full range and bi-amp operation with Sound Guard

Resilient carpet covered

Silver steel grille

Teardrop handle

Lightweight Poplar Plywood construction

Made in the UK

Dimensions: 42.3'' (1075mm)H x 22.4'' (570mm)W x 24.6'' (625mm)D

I think these would be more compact than taking out subs and tops, and has got more power than them as well.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

Cant believe this thread is still around.

I think this was one of my first I ever made !!

I have still had no problems with these speakers and amps, and have had no problems at all.

I am wanting to get something a little more powerful.

I am looking at getting these next :

http://www.alfred-christensen.dk/images/SPKPEAUL215H.jpg

1000 Watts RMS continuous, 2000 Watts program, 4000 Watts peak

4 Ohms

Two 15'' (381mm) BlackWidow®, cast frame with field-replaceable basket

RX22 compression driver coupled with a CH®-941 Horn

Dispersion: 90° H x 45° V

Frequency response: 48 Hz - 17.5 kHz

Efficiency: 100dB

Neutrik® Speakon® connectors

Full range and bi-amp operation with Sound Guard

Resilient carpet covered

Silver steel grille

Teardrop handle

Lightweight Poplar Plywood construction

Made in the UK

Dimensions: 42.3'' (1075mm)H x 22.4'' (570mm)W x 24.6'' (625mm)D

I think these would be more compact than taking out subs and tops, and has got more power than them as well.

If you do opt for these get them to throw in some spare handles cos they have a tendency to break fairly often as you'll know from the Pro15's

Educating the young in the ways of the old

I've had my speakers coming upto 5 years, and have never had a problem with the handles yet.

Thinking about it though, the speakers I am looking at getting are very heavy, and if they have the same handles I can see them not lasting long, so I Will have to go and have a look at a pair.

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my speakers coming upto 5 years, and have never had a problem with the handles yet.

Thinking about it though, the speakers I am looking at getting are very heavy, and if they have the same handles I can see them not lasting long, so I Will have to go and have a look at a pair.

Pro 15's and st's are :cense: don't waist your time, buy black widow equiped peaveys or nothing in the peavey range.

I thought this was common knol

Edited by mod to remove unsuitable language

12) The administrator and moderation team of DJ's United reserve the right to remove and/or edit ANY posts by ANY user for whatever reason considered necessary.

Edited by mattaious
  • 1 month later...

I had to modify them though :huh: . I have recently purchased a pair of the new Peavey pro-15! They sound real good!

I am a big fan of Peavey gear.

I have had a Peavey mixer for many years and it has never been any trouble.

I bought a Peavey guitar too and it is still going strong after 15 years (I play it sometimes at my disco gigs)

I would have bought a Peavey amp too but I design and build my own.

Its best to stay away from cheap brands as quite often its just not up to the job.

I am a big fan of Peavey gear.

I have had a Peavey mixer for many years and it has never been any trouble.

I bought a Peavey guitar too and it is still going strong after 15 years (I play it sometimes at my disco gigs)

I would have bought a Peavey amp too but I design and build my own.

Its best to stay away from cheap brands as quite often its just not up to the job.

Wire up your system and the run a lead from channel a into a pro or st and then run channel b into a black widow then use master balance on your mixer to flick between the two.

Follow this and hear the diffrence for yourself! You think they sound good because you don't know the diffrence between good and bad from having a lack of experience same goes to a lot of people on this forum that rate the stupily low priced gear.

• 1 month later...

I have been using a Pair of Stageline Speakers for the last year. They didnt sound too bad and I was really impressed with them. I had to modify them though :huh: . I have recently purchased a pair of the new Peavey pro-15! They sound real good! At 500watts a side 1000watts peak, option of 4ohms or 8ohms, and the size of them! They fit easily into my car. Also the price is real good from [Edited], style and colours look good too. do the job well and impressed !!! Also check out the Ul-15, rated at 1000watts a side, 2000watts peak.

:toot: :bouncy: :toot:

HI all this is interesting,, I have just bought some of these with the 15inch ul subs.......in mine they have a metal tophat! also dont worry about RMS it doesnt mean squat! hench cheap cheap 8in speakers being 1000rms . What I wanted to ask is about you said 8 or 4 ohms....how? mine are 4 ohms I run through 1 amp and 1 amp for the subs as my amps really should only be run no lower than 4 ohms..... I had a tip from Brian Redd at www.DJtutor.com I use a BBE Max2 2 way active crossover.....its really the daddy...

cant boost it up enough makes it all sound very top quality notice the difference. only around £90 delivered from the states ebay! remember to change the power in switch! from 110 to 220v. so how did it go with the speakers!

Wire up your system and the run a lead from channel a into a pro or st and then run channel b into a black widow then use master balance on your mixer to flick between the two.

Follow this and hear the diffrence for yourself! You think they sound good because you don't know the diffrence between good and bad from having a lack of experience same goes to a lot of people on this forum that rate the stupily low priced gear.

Charlie I do think that would be an unpractical task to set yourself,,,,whatever you buy there is better, Check out www.DJtutor.co.uk Brain Redd said do Djs worry too much about there gear...the answer is yes........expecially believe it or not with the LESS professional...... its like getting the latest DVD, Flatscreen, Car etc..... what is it with blokes....and DJs in my opinion are often worst than most. you must have had that conversation when you are working, o im a dj as well, o my amp is bigger my speakers are bigger my lights are brighter..........Lets get over ourselves..........no good having Van Halens Set up if you earn £180 a month Djing take you 10 years to get your money back,,,,,,, but also this is idea for some advice you can get some nice nice kit at reasonable prices.............and a question asked on djtutor is.......does the customer notice........are they interested if you have Black Widow or White Virgin........NO...nice to have but weigh it up..............thats the gospel according to Jason ha.ha

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

Our school had some peavey's on the wall - i have no idea what happened to them - all i know they were taken down in december last year (along with the rack mounted amplifier mixer), cos it sounded quite bad.. System was about 5-6 years old..

I'm looking for some better speakers atm too.. Not sure whether to buy some Subs for the AI INT112's or what..

David

DJ David Graham

Tel: 01204 537716 / 01942 418415

Email: hello@djgraham.co.uk

FB: http://facebook.com/djdavidgraham

Web: [under construction - it really is coming soon :)]

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Peavey PR 15's I also have PR Subs, They are rated about the same as the Pro 15 aparently but dont have the black widow drivers but they still sound ace and can actually kick out some power!!! There plastic cabs and really light weight!!

===Recomended===

Thanks Rich

PS. not to shure on the RMS all it says on mine are Maximum power 400w program and they are 8ohm speakers, My subs say max power 300w Prog also at 8 ohms, So what would be the RMS of these??

I can tell you I run them of a Peavey 1200 amp

Chalet to let - PM me for details!! see here: www.freewebs.com/eastchalet
  • 5 weeks later...

I agree about the weight of Peavey speakers I used to have a pair of peavey hi sys 2 speakers they sounded great but weighed a ton I got rid of them based on the weight.

but saying that I have had a Peavey amp for the last 10 years apart from being serviced twice I have never had any issues with it

• 1 month later...

apparently the newer versions of the Hisys range are made from lighter wood! The UL and the newer foam fronted ones!

Although the latest foam fronted ones are plain ugly for normal use, they are trying to look like BIG Pro PA Boxes, which is NOT what they are!