Dj's United

Martin Lighting Fans ??

HI!

I have been reading through the Foruum and reading about some people liking Martin Equipment. I only use Martin Lights as I find they last longer and of better quality. I currently use 4x Ego 1, 2x T-Rex, 2x Voyagers.

Has anyone got any views on any martin Effects that they would suggest ?

As I am looking at adding some more lights to my show for back up. Thanks,

Nrgize http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

A pair of Mac 250's http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/whistling.gif

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

We love martin lighting.....! Its well made and lasts forever!

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have been looking at the Wizards, but the price is slightly out of my price range. Has anyone used the Martin Manias ? If so are they any good ?

sometimes use the martin wizzards...... they are installing them in plenty of clubs at the moment... great effects.....not so great on the wallet though!

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mm, thats what I meant!! lol, I'd be worried about getting them scratched or damaging them at that price!!

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of getting another Martin T-Rex as they are good lights. but the downside is you cant link them together.

Does anyone rate Acrobats ?

I have 2 Martin Acrobats and they are the best lights I have ever owned. They are small (Wizard is 2 big for the road) and I can do almost any venue I have ever done with just the 2 of them (if needs be). Get the MC-1 controller for them though so you can slow them down etc. Or something like the 2518 if you can strecth that far.

But I would 100% recomend these lights (and the bulbs are cheap as well)

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/thumbup.gif

I regularly use the martin wizards. Yeah they're nice lights but I don't think you could justify using them in a mobile situation. They're huge and personally I think you can get lights half their price which are nearly as good.

If you can justify the spending fair enough but I don't really see the point.

Edited by Digital discos

Isn't there two different size Wizards ?, the larger one does a little more too, I have used the larger one but only in a club arena, no good for mobile, too heavy and big.

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

I have heard from a very reliable source that Martin have now started production in either India or the far east.

Could this be an end of an era?????? http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/wacko.gif

• 1 month later...

I hope not http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/huh.gif

>>>Topic Moved>>>

Please Remember the Review Section is meant for just that. A REVIEW of a piece of equipment that you own. If you are asking for general advice and opinions please make sure that you post it here, in the 'BUYING EQUIPMENT' section.

I have heard from a very reliable source that Martin have now started production in either India or the far east

If this is true, then it probably will start to affect their reliability. Sadly most of the other lighting companies who have moved their production have rapidly suffered as a result. NJD being a prime example, but NJD are just one of many.

I wonder if this is done to make their products more attractive to the cheaper end of the market, or just to make more profit?. If this rumour turns out to be true, it would be interesting to see if a retail price drop follows.

Personally, the martin wizards I have used are a good size.. even for a woman.. nice and compact and perfectly portable!

• 3 months later...

raptor makes quite a nice centrepiece for the money i prefer the t-rex though, which u allready have!

in my opinion steer away from the acrobats, slow, messy, un-responsive lighting effect, far better off with mad spins but if u wanna stick martin in not sure, i think the wizard is way over priced

tom

• 10 months later...
QUOTE (dj-chennells @ Dec 9 2004, 07:23 PM)
in my opinion steer away from the acrobats, slow, messy, un-responsive lighting effect, far better off with mad spins but if u wanna stick martin in not sure, i think the wizard is way over priced

The martin acrobat is one of the best lighting effects on the market. Much better then the mad spins. I have owned both and now I only own the acrobats. The wizard is expensive but it is a great effect also.

I install lighting equipment into smaller venue's pub, and theme bars. I went through a phase of selling Abstract AVR range units and have never had so many problems. I am now back with martin. However I do not rate their new equipment compared to the likes of the Roboscan 812 and 518.

In a few recent cases I have actually installed Roboscan 812's refurbed as an alternative to the MX series as I find them difficult to install, light output is about the same and the 812 by far excels mx1 in features. Mx4's being priced out of jobs on nearly all occasions.

The also beauty of MARTIN for me is their controllers that are specific for products. For the type of venue I install they cannot warrant an LJ and therefore things like the old 2504 (for 812's) was a god send.

Reliabilty also by far excels any competition I have come into contact with, when properley maintained. Any lighting effect that includes moving features needs regular services (just like your car would).

Lighting installer/supply & repair agent

<<< Gig-Light - Lighting Hire & Maintenance Services >>>

WWW.GIG-LIGHT.CO.UK / Enquiries@gig-light.co.uk

I am looking at getting a couple of Acrobats next. My 1st disco lights i brought were 2 x Abstract Twister 3's 100watt. And both of them dont work properly now and have rettired as a home fixture. The units stop responding to Sound, and clonk about and do their own thing. SO i was kind of put off Abstract. In June i brought 2 x Abstract Extreme Flower XP5's, and I am quite impressed with them. Just think that I really need a controller for them to work efficently though. Currently they move to fast and use stobing a lot, which isnt very good when doing weddings and 70's etc.

Still prefer Martin though, but due to costs couldnt afford 2 Twister effects that are DMX by Martin so went for Abstract.

Sometimes i see the real older Martin lighting in some clubs. Like the Rainbow etc.

I have now noticed that Martin Audio are appearing in nearly every bar i have been in. I think they sound good when a large amount of them are used, Does anybody else use them or have experience of using them before ??

Nathan

Martin have always been one of the top names when lighting is concerned. As you said some fixtures are almost 25yrs old, like the rainbox yet still working!

Martin Audio seem to be a favourite with the installation boys, taking over where Marquee audio left. Martin have cornered alot of markets. Jem smoke yet another string to their bow.

Martin Audio seem to be bespoke systems on installs and therefore I wouldnt imagine encountering them on the mobile disco stage for a while to come.

Lighting installer/supply & repair agent

<<< Gig-Light - Lighting Hire & Maintenance Services >>>

WWW.GIG-LIGHT.CO.UK / Enquiries@gig-light.co.uk

I have now noticed that Martin Audio are appearing in nearly every bar i have been in. I think they sound good when a large amount of them are used, Does anybody else use them or have experience of using them before ??

I've only got experience of a VERY large amount of them, 16 of the WSX subs and 8 of the W8C tops. It was VERY nice......

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Bet you could feel in in your stomach like i oculd in Blackpools Walkabout bar. We had just been for a meal funnily enough and when going in there afterwards could feel the food in my stomach !!

Nathan