Dj's United

Right, I know this topic has been posted before ( http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/sleep1.gif ) but do us DJ's need any licences at all (PRS etc)? All I ever do are invite-only events so does that mean no licence needed? And what about school discos? Sorry it comes up again but I need to know! Cheers

Oliver Head, OTronics Media Services Ltd, Covering Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset and surrounding areas.

Professional Mobile & Radio DJ

PLI (£10m), PAT and DBS (Disclosure) checked

Tel: 07835 485535

Email: enquiries@otronics.co.uk

www.otronics.co.uk

This is how schools are covered around the area I am in. School are covered (or should be by the local council) for discos, parties etc.

BUT you need PPL (public performance liecence) to work in a school. You also need your equipment PAT tested and they require proof of both before you set up.

As for the rest Im sure someone will be along to help as it is a bit out of my depths. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

DM

All I ever do are invite-only events so does that mean no licence needed?

No licence is needed for events which are private functions, or invitation only events.

The only time a licence is required, is for open air events (Carnivals, Festivals, Sports Events etc) and for any event where a fee is charged or tickets sold. Pubs and Nightclubs also fall under this banner. Rumour has it that Office parties, require a licence too, although I don't know why this wouldn't be covered as a private party - especially if it was held at a local pub or hotel function room http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/533.gif . It is a private party under these circumstances, in my opinion.

Last December, I was asked by HSBC if I had PAT (first time I've been asked for this) for an Office party.

I agree with chris, however.....

BUT you need PPL (public performance liecence) to work in a school.

Behind the schools closed doors - I wouldn't have thought so?!

Kazz????

Behind the schools closed doors - I wouldn't have thought so?!

Liecences are not my forté however... I was asked to show proof of cover plus proof of PAT.

But that could of just been the school being funny.

DM

PRS - Venue Only

PPL - All none family events

MCPS - As above

VPL - As above if useing video, or similar

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Just to add -

PPL are currently touring the countryside checking on what DJs play, they are not checking if you have a license, but may require a "playlist" from you. I am lead to believe it is to do with some "internal" restructuring - yeah.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???