Dj's United

Can i use my computer and Connect a amp directly to it the Speakers ect ect. or will i blow my computer up or somet lol . would i have to buy a better soundcard say an creative 6.1 . my sound card now is an onboard 6 channel sound card. any suggestions thanks jonny http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Your Night, Your music, YOUR PARTY

If you locate which output socket on your PC is the "Speaker out" or "Line Out" socket, then you can run a lead from that socket to your Hi-fi/Amp's line level inputs eg: LINE IN, AUX IN, CD IN, VCR IN etc.

Do not connect anything from your soundcard to anything on your hi-fi/amp labelled PHONO IN or RECORD PLAYER IN. These sockets are very very sensitive and will most definately NOT appreciate 775Millivolts (Line Level) coming their way.

Line Level inputs are also found in most Hifi/Video hardware...for example, I've plugged a PC's Sound card output into a DVD players surround sound system, and also into the SCART socket on the back of a video recorder.

Well you'll need a lead!. Usually a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack from your PC sound card to whatever is on your Hi-Fi for Auxilary input, usually 2x Phono (RCA) style connectors.

Any local hi-fi dealer should be able to fix you up with this.

Well, the socket on the back of the PC will be a Stereo 3.5mm jack plug.

The hi-fi/Amp will probably be two phono sockets, which are also known as RCA plugs.

So the lead that you'll need will be:

A 3.5mm stereo jack plug TO 2 RCA plugs.

Try to keep the lead less than 5 metres, if you dont want to lose too much signal/quality.