Dj's United

Through this site I have downloaded otsdj and I must say I am very inpressed. But it skips and pops on my machine and I don't want this to happen if I decided to buy the full programme.

I want to go out an buy a laptop which will run this programme , however I am not a computer expert and I dont want to spend a grand for something which will not work on the night properly.

My PC at home isn,t great amd duron 750mhz processer and 64MB Ram and to be honest all mp3's and the otsdj programme have skipped or popped with me at some stage. The otsdj help has given the system requirements for the programme and I must say my machine now does fall short.

In short I need help to configure my PC or perhaps its just too slow for this audio application. Can some experienced pc DJ's give me some re-ssurance before I part with my hard earned cash, I take it PC World could configure the machine for me if I buy one there?

Woody

A 750MHZ cpu will run this program but 64MB of RAM is much too low, if you're looking for a laptop get the best you can afford, simply http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/smile.gif

If you cant spend that much money you will want at least a 750MHZ with 256MB of RAM, you will also be wanting a big hard drive internal or external does not matter. You will also want a external sound card, one with at least quad sound (front and back so you can monitor your songs) this also means you dont get HD noise.

If you can do with out a laptop I would say get a PC they are cheaper and normally more stable, also make sure you only use that computer for audio dont install anything unessasery or you will be in dangare of crashing your machine.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

hope this helps.

Ner ner ner ner... ner ner, ner can't touch this.

My biggest influence was Vera Lynn and I enjoy winding down with my cat - tabetha whilst listening to bing crosby playing on the gramophone.

... You wish ....

<br>Buy and sell advertising www.adsbay.co.uk </center>

There are several other things you should look at when configuring your system as a DAW. The first thing to look at is the large amount of software you have loaded. How many things are running in the background? Screensavers, funky mouse pointers and the dreaded purple monkey on your screen all can atribute to a poorly optimised machine for use with digital audio in mind.

750mhz is fine, you need more ram, consider upgrading to at least 128mb or more, 256mb PC-133 ram is dirt cheap at the moment, take advantage of it, buy lots.

Get a decent soundcard. An M-Audio, Gina or maybe even a Soundblaster Audigy if you can't afford the others. Your crowd will appreciate it.

Once you have done this search on the internet for tips relating to optimising your system for audio, there's loads out there. I have a link that is perfect, however they sell other audio equipment so i've PM'd it to you.

If you need any more help with your system or even OtsDJ in particular (I use it myself) please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.