Dj's United

Computers And Dj-ing

Guest dj-darlo

I have tried to use just computer to DJ using PC DJ Red, however i found this difficult because of the size of the playlist window. I now use Real One Player to play my files which are on computer and mix between CD + MP3 I have found this is much easier than using just CD as it requires less space, especially for those gigs which don't have many tables for you to use! Does anyone else use this? If so what are your opinions of it?

• 2 weeks later...

HI there

Yep i use PCDJ Red and yes i agree the window is a little small!!!

But dont just use the computer without any backup for now as dont forget it could still crash and then if u have no backup what u going to do??

Cheers

Rick

Discos @ Resonable prices in berkshire come to Performance Light & Sound 07833 991057

Http://www.plsdiscoberks.co.uk

go to http://www.mobiledisco.org/ for discos around congleton and nr areas

Back up! What happens if my PC crashes? good point, I thought about this long and hard, and this is what I do, I carry a portable CD player with a selection of CD's to get me out of trouble, and I have a mini disc with music on it, so if my PC decided to go "funny" half way during the night I should be able to crawl to the end of the gig.

I also have a removable hard drive which contains an exact copy of my MP3's and windows. I have configgered the removable hard drive to be the master, so if windows does not start up with the internal hard drive in the PC ,I slot in the removable hard drive which should solve the problem.

I am also a great beleiver in keeping the PC free of anything else which might give the PC probs. So I have nothing else on it but PCDJ. I do connect my PCDJ PC to the web every so often but this is to do an "on-line virus check (www.pandasoftware.com is very good for this).

So that's my back up, what does everyone else use?

Serving the South Of Essex with Professional "full time" DJ's.

check out our website at seedsdiscos dot co dot uk

Guest dj-darlo

I mix between CD and Computer so if the computer does crash which it has done I can still continue the night running on my CD collection. I also have everything on my computer on CD anyway.