Dj's United

Has any fellow "jocks" tried this yet?

Picked it up from the supermarket given away free with a packet of Nesquick (breakfast cereal).

The programme seems easy to use and the "auto beat mixing" is nothing short of superb.

It is free for 30 days then to open it you pay £2.99 (that's right a penny short of £3.00)!!

Please let me know your thoughts on it

Serving the South Of Essex with Professional "full time" DJ's.

check out our website at seedsdiscos dot co dot uk

Havent tried it m8 but have always been a fan of the ejay series of packages available!!

Always loved dance ejay etc!!

So if its as good as that then this package cant be bad http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Depends also what u wanna use it for etc

Cheers

Rick

Discos @ Resonable prices in berkshire come to Performance Light & Sound 07833 991057

Http://www.plsdiscoberks.co.uk

go to http://www.mobiledisco.org/ for discos around congleton and nr areas

had a go let it mixing some of the tracks from Disco Heaven 2, which is all around 123-128bpm and nearly all have long drum beats in and out, but when pressing beat mix it automaticily adjusts to the bpm of the track playing and mixes over (5 10 or 20 sec mix the choice is yours) then it adjust back or forward to the correct bpm!!

Is this the end of mixing dj's???

and for £2.99 it does worry me that something like this can be produced so cheaply when PCDJ costs around £80!!!

Well it seems like they've invented something to replace the mixing D.J - but at least in the interim, the Job of the D.J who uses a mic to entertain the Audience is still safe.

How could they ever replace the wit, charm and banter of the Mobile D.J??

...........At least until they invent a talking toaster http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/071.gif

Guest dj-darlo

I am a fan of the Ejay series most recently purchased Dance Ejay 5 which is their latest in the dance CD however it needs 1.2gb for full installation and 250MB of Ram!!! Which is stupidly big, but I have put together some good tunes with it. May have to have a look at Ejay mixstation.

Well it seems like they've invented something to replace the mixing D.J

I know this was said partly tongue in cheek, but seriously, none of these programs can mix properly. They're ok on tracks with a non fluctuating bpm and long clear intro's with a strong beat, but as any dj know's, not all the tracks you'll play in a night/set will fit this format, especially if your set includes much modern R&B & rap or stuff before the mid-80's when it seems the majority of tracks have bpm's that constantly wander!

Also a good mix will often bring the vocal in of the new track at just the right point; but what is the right point? well it all depends on the tracks being mixed, sometimes that point will be as the vocal ends on track 1, the vocal begins on track 2, other times it may be at a mid point during a break on track 1 that you'll bring track 2 in, and not of course forgetting that on many tracks the best mix starting point is not necessarily from the start of the track! additionally, some times it is more effective to cut mix a certain track.

Apart from the fact that it is not possible for a computer to 'read the crowd' and so know what track would be perfect to play after the killer track currently tearing up the dance floor; also no pc is able to receive requests and know which ones will work and which ones will kill the dancefloor!

For a pc to do the above mentioned tasks it would have to have some sort of artificial intelligence, and we are nowhere near that sort of pc being available as a cost effective alternative.

I would argue, that they'll never be able to invent a computer that can read the crowd as well as any DJ who really knows his music.

I use BPM studio when working and while I like many of it's features, the beat mixing & bpm matching is pants and so never use this feature, and most of the other programmes don't seem to be much better for live work.

Edited by Eskie

Anthony Winyard Entertainment www.awe-dj.co.uk, Entertaining London & the South-East!

Click here to LIKE The Funky Penguin on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/awe.dj

I have used this and to be honest it isn't all that.

If you want to beat mix then the best thing in my opinion is to work hard at getting it right and do it live, you will get a better responce fro your public too if they can see you mixing it up.

If however you want a playout system that will put songs back to back without dead air thenMixMeister is by far the best that I have found. You simply pick your tracks from the list on the left of the screen and drag and drop to the right. I have tried and used it many times out on the road and it will put a track into place within three seconds.

As I also work on a local radio station that has used various playout programs and have tried a fair few and MixMeister beats Ejay and web jocky hands down.

Hope this has helped.

Rob

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/dj.gif

Edited by RSHutchinson

Rob Hutchinson

11th Hour Mobile Disco

Email:rob@11thhourdisco.co.uk

and there I was praising the delights of EJAY Mix station which had a 30 day free trial, until I de fragged my hard drive and guess what the 30 day free trail has finished (after 5 days!!!).

At least with PCDJ I know I always have the back - up from Emission!!.

Who's going to Plasa? DJ day is Sunday 7th Sept I believe.

DJ day is Sunday which is why it is sooooooooo busy!! I will doing what I normally do which is go on Wednesday with any cash I can scrape together. Suprising how many will sell stuff to you rather than reload their vans and at up to 50% discount!!!!