Dj's United

Just got a CDMIX 2 to replace my carpet boxed system (it was a bargain from ebay) - mainly because I live in a flat and have to carry all my gear up and down stairs and the weight was killing me .....( I do know there are better players out there but the convenience and lightweight factor has really saved me a lot of effort, especially going up my outside metal stairs at 2am in the rain...). ...so here's my review on it after a couple of gigs.......

plus points it's lightweight, compact, really easy to carry and saves loads of space in my car - setting up is a doddle just xlr into your amp and the sound quality was fine.....

negative points - where's the socket for the goose neck light???? and can't check the meter levels on the track you're cueing up, it only seems to show the levels of the track playing (advice if I'm wrong please)...and I forgot to take a platform for it first time out and discovered it wasn't wide enough to span the bars on my dj stand (but that's my fault....)

I know having the mixer and decks in one unit gives a single point of failure scenario, but hopefully reliability will be as good as my other gear (Numark CDN32s and mixer CM100) - never had a moments problem with either over 4 yrs or so........and always take an iPod with everthing on it as a backup (iPods - another topic that would be interesting) and am keeping my other player to cover in case it needs to go in for repair (fingers crossed)..

Would be interested in others experiences of using them and any tips please.......

I used one in a club http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/fear.gif , once I overcame the "what the hell is this" factor, it was absolutely fine for mixing etc... I could not work out how to meter the cue either, but I know you can download pdf manuals from Numark.

Hi.

CDMix2 is a very reliable bit of kit, Ive had mine for 11 months its just completed its 62nd gig and has never let me down, also many many hours use just at home.

Only problem had was that the fader collects dust and can cause distortion but after cleaning everything is ok. Left cd draw is very good for quick changes as it is touch sensative and you can play around with the music and create some good effects once you get to know the machine.

In General a good product for any mobile dj who plays any function not requiring much track mixing shame Numark did not put a BPM meter on it, great for a novice dj like myself and now at a great price ideal for a back up player as very compact and very light.

To get the best results of what you can achieve from the CDMix2 just sit at home with the headphones on and play around with it. Try and know/learn your BPM for each track great if you are mixing with this bit of kit.

I am upgrading next year but I am very glad I started with the CDMix2 the only good purchase I actually made when starting.

I would say you made a good choise, but after a little while you will want to get something a little better with a bit more functions and controls.

Jim.

i got my cdmix2 about a year ago with a free flight case included(normally £45-50). the flightcase is wide enough for the majority of dj stands.(roughly another 3 inches on the back)

you cant check the levels of the cuing track.

also if you download your music it will not play computer cd/rs or cd/rws but it will play audio cd/rs,

if your discs are scratched ive found it takes 5-6 seconds to register theres a disc loaded.

overall its a good setup for the price but as funkymook points out if the mixer packs up your http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/censored2.gif so always carry a backup.

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---