Dj's United

Our daughter has just brought a Vauxhall Astra diesel car for £100, Ok it is worth about £400 but it was got cheap http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/whistling.gif

Insurance (TPFT) for it has cost..........

a) £500

b) £750

c) £1000 ?

£1000 to insure a car that cost 1/10 of that !!

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

It all depends on how old she is Andy, £1000 could be a good price!

We were going to give our son my wife’s old Fiesta when he passed his test at 17, this old banger wasn’t worth anything even as a trade in, but the cheapest insurance quote we had for him was £1500.

it also depends where you live. they go by post code and if your area has had lots of car thefts or joy riding that = high insurance.

thank your lucky stars you dont live in halesden just down the road from the new wembley stadium. for a young driver with a old banger you could be looking at £1500-£2000 third party only.

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

A young lad of 17 who used to work for me purchased a 2.0l 'Sports car' and was quoted...............

£54,700 for third party only

Paul Snr

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/042.gif Andy get your daughter to take Pass Plus if she has just passed her driving test up to 52% back from most good Ins .Com. I know I am a Driving Insructour http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/cool.gif http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/bash.gif

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>KEEP THE FAITH</span>

M.U. Member

THE MOBILE DISCO IN NORFOLK.SUFFOLK,CAMBRIDGSHIRE AND THE UK

PLI YES £10,000,000

PAT TESTED YES

0845 46 DISCO / MOB 07703011164

www.firstchoiceentertainmentsuk.co.uk

EXCELLENCE IN ENTERTAINMENT SINCE 1965

OUALITY IS NOT EXSPENSIVE IT'S PRICELESS

When i passed my driving test a couple of yrs ago I was going to do the PassPlus thing but few companies acknowledged it

Also if you don't have a policy with a company currently you often get a discount for being a new customer....but NONE would give a discount for both pass plus and new customer so I left it......all insurance companies make their money one way or another!

QUOTE (5star @ Jan 22 2005, 03:57 PM)
A young lad of 17 who used to work for me purchased a 2.0l 'Sports car' and was quoted...............

£54,700 for third party only

Paul Snr

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/censored2.gif where did he live, the bronx!

IF IT MOVES, FUNK IT.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Well your lucky you have a daughter.

Us young lads (I'm 18) pay twice that! (unless you go on a parents insurance of course, which is the best way to do it!)

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

I can't edit my post as it hasn't appeared yet, but just to add to it....

It doesn't make much difference how much the car is worth, when my insurance was renewed i noticed my car was recorded as being worth £5000 (its actually worth less than half that), but the AA said it wouldn't lower the cost of insurance if it was changed. I guess its more to do with the damage you could do to other veichles, actually with TPFT then thats all its to do with.

Revolution Discos - Covering Midlands and the Cotswolds - 01386 898 113 - 07791 261 263

Andy, Insure that cheap in your area, I thought it would have been more(LOL)

Try Norwich Union Direct, then ask about the Pay As You Go option.

..playing all the hits for you...

....whether you may be....

Why can't I see what i going on???

Us young lads (I'm 18) pay twice that! (unless you go on a parents insurance of course, which is the best way to do it!)

Not if you're the parent it ain't !!

Andy get your daughter to take Pass Plus if she has just passed her driving test up to 52% back from most good Ins .Com. I know I am a Driving Insructour

Didn't make too much difference but the time you have paid for the test, it worked out the same-ish

Glad I don't have Kids

Do yourself a favour and keep it that way !!

Your Big Event

Suggest you trade in said daughter with an older model of daughter who has had an accident free and clean licence for many years. Failing that and as you are all living in Devon you should trade in the astra and get a massey fergusson for her.

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

David Brown's are faster ! and easier to 'bling-up' !!!!

Your Big Event

where did he live, the bronx!

Well Belfast actually but you were close http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Insurance premiums here are loaded because courts award 2-3 times the amount of money for injuries than the rest of the UK.

QUOTE (Danno13 @ Jan 22 2005, 09:56 PM)
Well your lucky you have a daughter.

Just a few of points to note with this; I must point out that the points raised below are "Normal" business practice within the Insurance industry, and individual insurance companies' policies may differ slightly:

1) To insure a vehicle in the UK, the policyholder has to be the owner and/or the registered keeper of the vehicle.

2) The policyholder is asked "Are you the main driver of the vehicle?" - Only the policyholder or the policyholder's spouse may be the main driver of a vehicle.

3) The premium is generally based on the age of the youngest driver. If a policy is for "Any Driver", then all "regular" drivers of the vehicle must be named on the policy, thus the premium will still be based on the youngest driver.

4) Where there are "named" drivers, or where the policy is for "any" driver, and the Policy includes use for Social Domestic and Pleasure only, no person may use the vehicle to travel to or from a place of work, or in connection with any personal business.

5)Where there are "named" drivers, or where the policy is for "any" driver, and the Policy includes use for Social Domestic and Pleasure including business use (or commuting to and from a permanent place of work), no person may use the vehicle to travel to or from a place of work, or in connection with any personal business other than the Policyholder, and/or the Policyholder's spouse (if specified).

In the event of a claim, an insurance company will invalidate a policy where:

The Policyholder has insured a vehicle that is not owned by or registered to them, The Policyholder has not declared the details of "regular" drivers of the vehicle,

The Policyholder has declared that they are the main driver of the vehicle when they are not.

The person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident / theft is driving the vehicle to or from a place of work or in connection with their personal business (unless they are allowed to do so by the policy).

It is almost commonplace for people (in particular young and / or new drivers) to think that "If Dad insures my car in his name and puts me down as a named driver (or insures it any driver), it will be cheaper".

Unfortunately, 99% of the time, this is incorrect, as you might as well just drive your vehicle with no insurance, because the policy is not worth the paper it's written on.

You probably all want to look at your policies after this.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/042.gif