Dj's United

Behringer ultragraph pro FBQ1502

have used a ULTRA-GRAPH PRO GEQ3102 which is very good, we also use it for theatre aswell, so its good to find the frequency with the annoying feedback good buy and worth the cash

Dave

--------------DAVE-------------

D&J BEATZ ENTERTAINMENTS

davetherave_624@hotmail.com

If you can afford it go for a 2 x 31 band EQ with 1/3 octave filters. The ability to tune your system is much better and and you can use it to smooth out things like turntable feedback without changing the sound too much.

You can pick up Behringer Ultracurve 8024's for good money on ebay, and they're a very nice sounding EQ. I own 2 for FOH and monitor duties.

One question - why do you want the EQ?

Is it because you're not happy with the sound of your system or that you think it could be better, or because you have a problem you're trying to fix such as room modes?

Do you run subs and an active x-over also? You may be better off buying a digital LMS instead with built in parametric EQ's

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

a digital LMS

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/stupid.gif

The reason I'm thinking of one is because I'm debating bulding a second Mixer/CD player rig using a smaller/simpler mixer that I have been given, rather than the one I use at the moment.

The mixer I use at the moment is a 24 channel beast with 4 band EQ on every channel, 6 aux out's, split channels etc. It is the one that I have always used for theatre work.

The spare mixer does not have as much EQ control.

Don't use subs, just full range cabs.

Edited by High Fidelity

Quitting Smoking & Drinking doesn't make you live longer

It just feels like it.

I have two of these and I use them to EQ monitors on the PA rig.

I find them good value for money, fair quality and they have no noise.

I use the 31 x 2 on FOH and that too works well.

Yes, I would re-purchase these if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

One word ''Brilliant'' well worth its weight in gold...

I use one of these and are well worth the money. no problems with it at all.

Good peice of kit, easy to use and monitor.

If it aint got that Swing, it Dont mean a thing!!

On a similar vein I've just ordered the DEQ1024

My DEQ1024

This has the automatic feedback eliminator built in and one bank of 31 channels to controll both left and right signal. I figured that on a mobile rig the speakers will never be far enough apart to detect a difference in left and right so would be better to be able to shape the sound as a whole.

Anyone else use it ??? http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/042.gif

The old arguement of whether you should run stereo or mono too....

If you've got live vocals (karaoke) then it makes no difference mono or stereo and if you've got your speakers a reasonable way apart then unless you're in the middle you'll get no benfit from stereo imaging. As soon as you move closer to one or the other, at high volume levels, it'll drown out the output from the other cab so you could just run mono and save an amp channel or use it for subs.

I don't know anyone who EQ's left and right differently for FoH but stereo EQ's are useful for band monitor mixes so you can have a channel for each mix

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum