Dj's United

Martin Magnum 1200 Smoke Machine Problems

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Martin Magum 1200 smoke machine, and I'm having a few problems with it. I'm not sure whether it is clogged, or something is failing, and I was hoping somebody could shed some light on it!

The unit powers on, and heats up fine. When the green light comes on, the pump makes loud noises, but only a very small amount of fog is produced. The increases *very* slowly, as the machine gets used more.

I'm cleaning it out as we speak, but I get the feeling for some reason, that this isn't going to solve the issue...

I realise it's an old machine (I have no idea how old though!) but wondered if anybody can offer any assistance?

Thanks a lot!

Tim

:cense:EDIT:cense: Just a quick update, I followed Chris's tips above, and the smoke output has increased - and with it, the pump noise has lessened. The guy I got it from has since got back to me, and said it had been in storage for some time, so I'm asusming there is nothing else wrong with it besides it being heavily clogged. If I repeat the process, wil it clean it up further do you think, or would I be best leaving it for a while now, and repeating the process in a few months time? I should point out now that it's working normally, though seems to take a *little* while to get to full output. That said, I'm not familiar with Martin smoke machines, and whether I'm asking too much of it!

Edited by timflynn84