Dj's United

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a reasonable supplier of confetti cannons, the types I'm looking for ar around 760mm, look all gold, have a twist mechanism which kicks off a gas canister to eject the metallic confetti.

Anyone using these and can give me a supplier to contact. I have a gig in a couple of weeks and my local retailer cannot help...

Thanks

Josh

Its probably worth considering the problems that these items have caused in the past before exposing your audiences and venues to them.

Have a look at this previous DJU thread.

The paper "fallout" stains floors, carpets and wedding dresses if any damp is present and, as I found out a few months back, the metalic fallout becomes slippery, if anyones walking across more than one layer of it - the metallic pieces slip against each other.

Edited by Gary

And your insurance MAY be void as it is techincally a pyrotechnic

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Does anyone remember the real confetti cannon from Le Maitre?

It was basically a thick metal cannister, like a small dustbin, which you "primed" with 2 or 3 electrically fired pyrotechnics in the bottom facing upward, placed a cardboard circle "bung" flat ontop on the pyros, and tipped upto 5kgs of confetti into the top.

When fired, it would chuck confetti a good 30ft into the air, over a huge distance, with a massive bang.

Unfortunately, it didnt work quite so well when loaded with Cadburys Roses on top of the cardboard bung, instead of the confetti....

There was a big bang, and hundreds of perfectly flattened items of confectionnairy went skywards about 15ft and then hail-stoned anyone in range.... wont be trying that again...

I am as old as you Gary, as I can remember the 'ol'beast'

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

Yes, I remember these.Frightningly good!

I sometimes use the smaller confettii canons made by them, but am usually a bit worried by them. I dont actively chase this business.

It's usually at the client / venues request and I ask them to remember that they were not my suggestion in the first place!

Hi all,

We have sen a few clients use them, one night the crowd let off a fair few of these, the venue manager went mad, the clients had to clear up the mess, so just rememeber the venue may insist that you clear up all the fall out, have also seen these stain floors, and I know of someone who was invoiced for the floor to be stripped and sealed.

• 3 years later...

Hmmm, sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I have just had a bride and groom enquire about one of these for during their first dance..

Knowing that most places won't allow them coz of the staining effect, the b&g want the metallic fall out which doesn't stain and the venue should allow....

Anyone any ideas where I can get some good ones from or is it not worth it?

Many thanks

Tony

My advice would be to pass any supplier details onto the Bride, let them purchase it and let the best man activate it then if there are any problems it doesn't come back to you.

the chainstore Birthdays do the metalic cannons but they are pull string ones,In my opinion I would AVOID THESE because they are more trouble than they are worth .Lightsticks too,ive had complaits of staining on clothes when kids break them open.

Paul

.Lightsticks too,ive had complaits of staining on clothes when kids break them open.

Paul

I always give kids these lightsticks with no problems, im sorry to say if they break them open then its their problem

But if i do see kids breaking them i have a quite word and say " better wash that off its toxic" :D

After all most parents would not think not to give their kids blackcurrent at a wedding "just in case they spill it on the bride"

When i was living in the UK i used the cannons quite often

I used to get mine from Chameleon Audio in Coalville NW Leicestershire

Quick google search brings there details up - i think they would still supply them.

Ive never had any problems with staining or anything - and no vue has ever shown any problem towards using them.

In Greece now - we use them on selected nights - dirt cheap out here - I pay 13 euro for a box of 24.