Dj's United

More knowledge required on speakers

Hi,

While I'm out doing the sets 'Him in doors' who is into the technical side of things wants some books to read. Is there anyone who can recommend a book or web site or thread which will satify his craving for knowledge on speakers. All I know is how to plig them in http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/rolleyes.gif

He wants to know about daisy chains, woofers, linking at the moment I have a Demension 3 and Skytech 300 speakers is its any help.

Thanks in advance

Anne

AJ's Mobile Disco Ryedale North Yorkshire

PLI and PAT equipment

Have you let him loose with the DJs United Search facility yet?

Both the DJU Main forums, and the knowledge base have plenty of useful information on speakers.

Depends on whether you want to just know how to connect and use certain pieces of kit like active crossovers, delay units, etc or whether you're interested in acoustics and why speakers do what they do, how different designs work and what makes them good at what they do. This can then lead on to how to set them up to get the most from them using the equipment mentioned previously.

Try prosoundweb as a good resource. It's a bit american (you'll see what i mean when you take a look) and focussed on live gigging but there's a load of resources and very knowledgeable people there including representatives from all the big companies like QSC, Crown, etc

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum