Dj's United

how do you set up

I think it would be very patronising for people to think that you were a better Dj because you were blind.... I think that most of us here are extremely impressed that you have not let your sight get in the way of your dreams. The public are very honest and blind or not, if you were crap then they would tell you! Its great that anyone who does have a disability can turn things round into ability!

WE LOVE KAREN, AND IT'S GREAT TO HAVE HER BACK !!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I think you're absolutely spot on, if folks think you're crap they'll tell you alright. I did most of my first gigs in small pubs and social clubs in the Black Country. Anyone who lives or knows the area will tell you that they don't mince words.

for anyone starting out on this adventure of DJing, do yourself a favour, try and get to know someone who's been doing it a while and is successful, they may be able to open doors for your that you can't imagine.

I was very lucky when I started that I got to know a DJ called Andy Tain. Fortunately for me he was able to teach me a lot about the equipment, especially lighting and explain things in a way that a blind person can relate to. I still call him from time to time when I hear of a new bit of kit and ask him what the crack is, yes he's a dealer, but he very rarely makes any money out of me, bloody fool!

Darren

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.

Loads of respect to you Darren and dont let anything stop you,nothing is impossible. My son is handicapped, he uses a prothesis as his right leg has been amputated below the knee and nothing stops him doing whatever he wants! Good Luck to ya mate http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html/emoticons/042.gif

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Darren,

Thanks for responding to my earlier questions. I did initially think twice about bringing up the subject but I think you can tell by the respnses from other members that I wasn't the only one who was inspired by your achievement.

You also mention that DJing has taken a back seat so that you can concentrate on you on-line business - now I am being nosey - what is the business?

PaulS

Hi

Regarding my online activities. I'm working on several ieas for websites using affiliate programs as a potential income generator.

If you're not familiar with affiliate programs, this is how it works.

You join a program, like Amazon's associate program, you provide links to their website, and, if someone comes to your website and clicks on the Amazon link, and then buys something from them, you get a percentage.

There are plenty of people making a good earner from this kind of program, and it does take time.

Current website I'm working on include:

Eighties music

Eighties movies

Eighties memorabilia

I've got one or two others in the pipeline but not sure If I'm going to run with them yet.

I'm also working on a new website for Big Mix Entertainment, as I felt it needed updating and revamping, will post details as they become available.

If you want to know more about affiliate marking, go to www.associateprograms.com it's an excellent source of info for newbies and experts alike.

Darren

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.