Dj's United

Where can i get a microphone equaliser

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/tongue.gif My mixer has a poultry tone control and only input for one microphone.

as i use a few different types i want more control is there a mobile reasonable priced box i can plug mine and if possible another microphone into that will have bass and treble control.

been looking but cant find one

or perhaps you have an idea...other then selling my mixer and buying another.

many thanks

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

In what way do you feel that the Tone Control isnt suitable? EG: Never enough bass? always too much bass? not enough control for different peoples voices on the mic? etc.

QUOTE (Gary @ May 9 2005, 11:20 PM)
In what way do you feel that the Tone Control isnt suitable? EG: Never enough bass? always too much bass? not enough control for different peoples voices on the mic? etc.

The Main thing is I want to be able to Add more than one microphone so perhaps I can have cordless mic for ...speeches etc....

Secondly the tone control on this is limited maybe even faulty... I sure i remember a little box that is a multi way for microphones and has a bass and treble on it.

cheers jason

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

Thanks for the extra info.

To get you over the immediate situation, of a possibly faulty Tone control, then £31 (rrp) would get you a Behringer UB502.

Heres one

This has 2 band EQ (eg: Bass/Treble) on a Mic channel, and gives you extra inputs for line level items too, such as effects units, CD-decks, laptop soundcard inputs etc.

Even better, would be its bigger brother, the UB802 at £39 (rrp) which offers 3 band EQ, 2 mic channels, and more input solutions overall, including effect loop options. Quite a bit more, in terms of features, for an extra £8.

Heres one

The only difficulty here, is that both of these units send their output out at level intended for going into your mixers LINE in sockets, not the mic inputs...so you'd have to fade up say, channel 4 on your mixer to use the mic, rather than the mic channel, unless you added a level convertor/attenuator etc.

Edited by Gary

That sounds a good option thanks.... and if the mixer blows for some reason i could use this in an emergency....

thanks for your help any other options,,,,,im surprised that none of the microphone mixers you can buy seem to have equalisation.....

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

Why not buy a new mixer with two mic inputs ?

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

QUOTE (ADS Entertainments @ May 11 2005, 08:28 PM)
Why not buy a new mixer with two mic inputs ?

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thumbdown.gif Yes and why not let the dustman take away all the gear tomorrow morning and i will treat myself to totally new gear all around.

I dont think this is a very helpful comment.

We all have gear we would like to do something it doesnt.....the mixer is fine with this one downfall i was looking for some help as i have seen a number of microphone mixers quite cheap that will extend the one channel....but none have equalisation.

hoping someone could help.....

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

Because buying SOMETHING LIKE THIS would be better value in the long run, you would then have a back up mixer too, or a mixer for a second show, or to hire out etc

I wasn't trying to be 'cocky', just adding my thought. I would rather buy the correct gear than 'botch' up something meaning I would then have back up gear.

Your Big Event

Couldn't agree more with ADS. Adding extra bits and pieces inevitably leads to failures of interconnects and other odds and sods. Additional power supplies, etc make life more complicated in the long run. With DJ gear so cheap now i'd be looking for a single unit that can do the job right, perhaps with a little room for expansion in the future. He's not suggesting chucking everything out, just investing the money you might spend on a 'fix it' unit on a single unit for all your needs. Might find it's not a lot more expensive anyway.

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

Yes, new mixer would be the best way to go.

" If your gonna do, do it right...." http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/whistling.gif

Thanks Lads..............sorry ADS i just read what i posted was grumpy sorry about that......i didnt mean to sound so off.

thanks for your help..... your right they are cheap and a microphone mixer would cost 50 % of a new mixer anyway.

i was opting for easy option............thought there must be a little 2 to 1 adaptor with equalisation ....obvously there isnt.

thanks for all your helps lads....

didnt mean to sound like an idiot

I SAY! SPIFFING SOUNDS.

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/cool.gif

No problem

Your Big Event