Dj's United

Hot News! Here on DJ's United !!!

Not so long long ago, in a thread not so far far away, there was a lot of deserved praise from DJU members about the Denon DN-D4000 dual rack-mount CD-Deck.

Its obviously scored a bit hit with many.

It's not surprising therefore that Denon have taken the greatest features of the DN-D4000, added even more features, and TODAY announced the UK launch of...

The Denon DN-D4500

Heres a link to the main DN-D4500 page on the UK Denon site.

Denon have overhauled their popular, high-value DN-D4000 professional dual CD/MP3 rack-mount player, introducing a number of new features.

Known as the DN-D4500, the new playback device features vastly-extended MP3 functionality – including hot starts - which will come as great news for the mobile and club DJ requiring a simple workhorse with high reliability.

How to improve an already award-winning product was the challenge facing the Denon design team, who turned instinctively to the MP3 section of the player. As a result, Key Adjust, Auto BPM Counter, MP3 Seamless Looping with B-Trim edit, MP3 Hot Starts, MP3 File Search System, MP3 Frame Search, CUE Stutter and wider ±24/50/100% pitch ranges for audio CD’s are just some of the enhancements that have been introduced.

The full expanded featureset is as follows:

• Key Adjust/Master Tempo: (CD or MP3)

• Auto BPM Counter (CD or MP3)

• Cue Stutter (CD or MP3)

• MP3 Playback support:

- MP3 Seamless Looping with B-Point Trim

- MP3 Hot Starts

- MP3 Frame Search

- Supports C.B.R & V.B.R. decoding up to 320 kbps

- ID3 Tags, displays: (Title, Artist, Album)

- MP3 File Search System (quickly and easily locate files by name or Folder

- 100 second shock-proof memory (although it shocked me though http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif )

• CD Memo function

- Cue point, Playback Pitch & Range, Pitch On/Off, Key Adjust On/Off and Seamless Loop A and B data can be stored for later recall. Up to 1,000 points can be saved or recalled from either drive.

• Brake Effect - Brake effect is now user time-adjustable

• 24-bit DA converter - Upgraded from 16-bit

* User adjustable time forward/back fast search

Other facilities (which were also included in the DN-D4000), include: Two Seamless Loops; Two Hot Starts; Loop End Point B-Trim; CD Text Support; Power-On Play; Relay Play (allowing unattended playback); 50mm Jog/Shuttle Ring (with Pitch Bend and Scan/Frame search); Variable Pitch Control (CD and MP3); 2-Way Pitch Bend; EOM; Shock-Proof Memory; Large Fluorescent Tube Display (with Dot Matrix text support); Quick Jump (making searching fast and easy); Instant Start (0.02sec); CD-R/RW Disc Compatible; Fader Start Control Terminal (compatible with all Denon DJ mixers); Constant Digital Output and Software Upgradeable (by CD-ROM disk).

Also one or two very interesting and MOBILE DJ FRIENDLY features, which I'll be covering in the DJU review of the DN-D4500 in due course.

Edited by Gary

When is someone going to do a CD player with USB2 for an external HD with an easy to use touch screen interface for MP3 browsing?

Its not a hard concept, almost like a hardware interface for the PC but without the PC.

*cue someone posting a link to one thats been out for ages*

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

QUOTE (norty303 @ Jun 28 2005, 11:47 PM)
When is someone going to do a CD player with USB2 for an external HD with an easy to use touch screen interface for MP3 browsing?

Its not a hard concept, almost like a hardware interface for the PC but without the PC.

*cue someone posting a link to one thats been out for ages*

Well, Numark have had the HDCD-1 dual cd-deck with hard-drive. The last time I saw that (2 months+ ago) it had a hole in the back that looked suspiciously like a USB port.

Also there are several mixers coming out from Numark (ones out already - just) with 2 x USB sockets as input options on two of the mixer channels eg: theres the usual Input selector switch above the channel with Phono/Line In....but its got "USB" as a third option. This means that you can connect 2 USBs from a laptop to the mixer without needing an external soundcard eg: Audigy external etc.

Hi

Gary matey buddy matey, who do I contact at Denon to see about using one of these babies for my World Record attempt?

Cheers

Darren

Take a listen to Music Matters, the Big Mix Entertainment podcast, featuring music from the Podsafe Music Network.

QUOTE (Hugmaster @ Jun 29 2005, 06:21 AM)
Hi

Gary matey buddy matey, who do I contact at Denon to see about using one of these babies for my World Record attempt?

Cheers

Darren

PM sent Darren (well, give me 2 mins). http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

Yeah but i don't want to connect a laptop coz they're chunky and bulky, i want to connect a little external drive using standard parent/child folder structure and be able to navigate using a touch screen.

Actually i don't want any of that but i can see a market for it

DIY plans and pro audio related technical discussions

www.speakerplans.com/forum

QUOTE (norty303 @ Jun 29 2005, 07:42 PM)
Yeah but i don't want to connect a laptop coz they're chunky and bulky, i want to connect a little external drive using standard parent/child folder structure and be able to navigate using a touch screen.

Actually i don't want any of that but i can see a market for it

Yes, this would be a fantastic product. Great for us CD DJ's who want to take a first step towards PC-DJing, whilst keeping the "hands on" control that CD players offer.

If we could get Denon to allow the DN-S5000 to read tracks from a hard disc, this would be a perfect product for me and many others. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thumbup.gif

What do you think Gary. Is this something that Denon could do on a future version?

QUOTE (RobbieD @ Jun 30 2005, 12:15 PM)
If we could get Denon to allow the DN-S5000 to read tracks from a hard disc, this would be a perfect product for me and many others. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thumbup.gif

What do you think Gary. Is this something that Denon could do on a future version?

I've gotta pop to Sainsbury's at lunch time, and nip to the post office...but after that, I'll get my soldering iron and squared paper out... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif