Dj's United

DJU Member Poll

Most playable No.1 of 1993  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1993 saw a couple of sturdy No.1's with the previous years No.1 Whitneys "I will always love you" hanging around until mid February at the apex of its 10 weeks at the top - and then Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love (but I wont kiss that)" hogging position #1 for 7 weeks.

The catchy, yet repetitive "No limits" from 2 Unlimited held onto No.1 for 5 weeks but aside from that, nothing else this year managed more than 4 weeks at No.1

With 4 weeks then - Bluebells: Young at Heart, Take Thats: Pray and Culture Beat: Mr Vain.

George Michael & Queen (and Lisa Stansfield) with the 5 Live EP (Somebody to love / these are the days), matched Ace of Bases "All that she wants", Gabrielles "Dreams" and the infamous Mr Blobby with 3 weeks each at No.1

Then Shaggys "Oh Carolina", UB40's "I cant help falling in love with you" cover, Freddie Mercury "Living on my own", Jazzy Jeff & The Frsh Prince (Will Smith)s: Boom! shake the room, and Take That & Lulu's "Relight my fire" all achieving a fairly average 2 weeks each.

The only act this year to manage just 1 week at No.1 was Take thats "Babe".

But which one gets your vote as a playable No1. from this year?

Take That featuring Lulu: Relight My Fire
works very well on my shows. If you bought the cd single, trk2 is a very useable 12" version which mixes really well with loads of stuff.

I love the Shake the room tune to.

2 Unlimited: No Limit
You mean NO LYRICS

Out of the list, I've been asked for Freddie the most at functions- then Culture Beat. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/smile.gif