Dj's United

DJU Member Poll

Most Playable No.1 of 1978  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Phew! only 14 No.1's in this year.

Hardly surprising with Two tracks from the Grease soundtrack dominating the No.1 position for no less than 16 Weeks of 1978 - 7 weeks with "Summer Lovin' and a mighty 9 weeks with "You're the one that I want".

The Commodores stayed at No.1 for 5 weeks with "Three Times a lady", a duration matched by Boney M's "The Rivers of Babylon", a week longer than Boney M's other No.1 of this year "Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord" (4 weeks). Kate Bush attained the wuthering height of No.1 for 4 weeks too.

Abba suggested we take a chance on them (me first), for 3 weeks, and Brian and Micheal sung at the top of the charts, of those Matchstalk men and matchstalk cats and dogs for 3 weeks too.

The BeeGees hit the high spot with the high notes for 2 weeks with "Night Fever", and Sir Bob (back then just "Bob") and the rest of the Boomtown Rats stayed in their "Rat Trap" for two topping weeks.

A single week at number one was on the cards for Althia and Donna with "Up town top rankin'", The Brotherhood of Mans "Angelo", 10CC's Dreadlock Holiday, and Rod Stewarts "Da ya think I'm sexy".

But which (no, you cant vote for two) No.1 gets your present day audiences in a spin?