Dj's United

PC idiots ban Rob's Angels

Does THIS mean we cant play it???????????

If i was told this i would inform them to go forth and multiply

Do unto others before they do unto you then run like Fcuk

before the police get there

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/fear.gif AAarrrgggghhh, nearly got a rash opening your link. What can I say? It must be true, it's in the sun. I guess they had no news to print that day then.

Take no notice, I am an atheist, I'm not offended if Robbie's Angels is played at a civil ceremony. However, I do find some religious ceremonies a little bit OTT.

In that case 90% of all songs would be banned because they have the word heaven/angel/woman/man/the in them.

But hasn't it alwayts been the case for civil weddings that no music is allowed whilst taking the vows, or the only music allowed is 'traditional wedding music'

Edited by ADS Entertainments

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

The thought of taking wedding vows while "Angels" is playing in the background is so incredibly, totally and absolutely NAFF, that I applaud the decision. Chavs shouldn't be allowed to marry anyway - it only encourages them to breed.

Cheers,

Jack.

QUOTE (ADS Entertainments @ Aug 19 2005, 07:39 AM)
But hasn't it alwayts been the case for civil weddings that no music is allowed whilst taking the vows, or the only music allowed is 'traditional wedding music'

Correct Ads - I did the music for a friends civil ceremony a couple of years ago. They chose their three tracks before the day but never got it ratified by the people performing the ceremony. About 15 minutes before the bride arrived these people approached me to see what I was going to play. Two of the tracks were dismissed.

Together with the groom, myself and the registrar went through all the tracks to see which were suitable - naturally the bride was bemused when her tunes weren't played.

Incidentally, these tracks weren't pop songs, they were all classical pieces off an album entitled "Classical Wedding Music".

[insert quirky comment]

You can't always believe what you read in the papers.

However, if it's true then all non-Christians would be well advised to avoid all popular radio and TV music programmes, record stores, clubs, music bars, pubs, supermarkets, DIY sheds, hairdressers etc., all places where pop music is heard, rather than chance being offended by this or any other recording.

Funny but I thought "Heaven" wasn't an exclusively Christian concept.

Maybe I was wrong?

Edited by spinner

I'm curious - I've been to dozens of weddings as a guest and there has NEVER been any music played while the ceremony has been taking place. That goes for civil as well as church weddings. Am I missing out on something or is it more common in other parts of the country?

Cheers,

Jack.

As far as I know regisrtry offices - no music at all but if you have a civil ceremony in a hotel (like I did - nearly 5 years ago) you are allowed music when the bride enters the room, music whilst register being signed, and music when the bride and groom exit the room. Very much like a church wedding without all the religious content.

At our wedding we had (you'll all cringe at this)

Perfect Moment - Martine McCutcheon (when I entered the room - lol)

I love the way you love me - Boyzone (signing register)

Amazed - Lonestar (end)

All in all, much better than a boring registry office - but then that my opinion and being female and tend to be opinionated - lol http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/rolleyes.gif

They don't call me Krazy for nothing! Krazy by name - Krazy by nature !!!

Age doesn't matter, unless you're a cabinet!

K K Disco

Getting Married this year and am allowed to have music in background........and we are allowed to bring a CDR!!!!

I'll find the paperwork later.......

Would we want Angels? No.

Blow Your Mind by Lock n Load more like!!!!!

If they have banned all songs with "Heaven" in them...

Does that mean i cant have "Highway to Hell" as my background song????

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/censored2.gif idiots! I would have played it anyway - if it is a CIVIL wedding then what does god, heaven or hell have to do with it!!! and besides, all the guests were friends and family so i doubt they would care!!

The only UK number 1 record to contain in its lyrics the title of the song which knocked it off number 1 was... Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen (lyric: "Mamma Mia")!

The Forums Computer Nutter and expert!

Discos, Lighting and Sound Reinforcement in and around

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Gloustershire and Buckinghamshire etc...

Special FX Entertainment Services

QUOTE (KrazyKaz @ Aug 19 2005, 12:30 PM)
All in all, much better than a boring registry office

In order to upset BOTH familes (mine Protestant, my wife's Catholic) we got married in a "boring registery office" LOL. We had no music at all and it was all very simple.

I did the music for a wedding in a remote Victorian shooting lodge in the Highlands last year. We all trooped into the nearest town (20 miles away) and the registery office was literally the Registrar's front room. No music but strong words and very moving. Then back to the lodge for champagne and 2 days of partying. I did play some background music at the champagne reception and later at the evening festivities, but the important stuff was done in silence.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the thought of mawkish, sentimental, "our song" background music at wedding ceremonies. The important things should be said by the participants, not by the CDs they listen too - but then, I'm an old cynic - bah humbug.

I blame American TV LOL

Jack.

So how long before 'Everybody Hurts' gets banned from funerals? on the basis that it is not possible to hurt when you are dead, so therefore playing the song would be misleading in line with European Guideline 345, Paragraph 4b, subsection c(2).

QUOTE (Chris_Pointon @ Aug 19 2005, 03:17 PM)
So how long before 'Everybody Hurts' gets banned from funerals? on the basis that it is not possible to hurt when you are dead, so therefore playing the song would be misleading in line with European Guideline 345, Paragraph 4b, subsection c(2).

Mr Happy's back everybody!!

Where's that Victor Meldrew Avatar gone Chris http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/tongue.gif

[insert quirky comment]

I was at a funeral a few months ago for an old friend in the village. He died at 71 after a long illness and had planned it all meticulously. He was a big rock and roll fan and had loads of good stuff playing when we all arrived. The mood was quite happy for a funeral and the placed was mobbed, with dozens of people stuck outside.

Anyway, the Minister made a really good, upbeat speech about Jimmy, his famous sayings and his sense of fun. Then, as the curtain closed on the coffin for the last time someone hit a button and "See you later alligator" blasted out in the crematorium. The place went into uproar - even his widow was laughing. The man had style!

Cheers,

Jack.

A DJ friend of mine had 'Thank you for the music' by Abba as 'the last song, we had to sing-along too, except, as he knew he was dying, he changed the words from 'I am the girl with golden hair' to 'I am the man with no hair' It still makes me smile everytime I play the song. RIP

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event

Office:01803 813540

Direct: 0797 0717 448

e.mail:info@yourbigevent.co.uk

QUOTE (discodirect @ Aug 19 2005, 12:48 PM)
Getting Married this year and am allowed to have music in background........and we are allowed to bring a CDR!!!!

I'll find the paperwork later.......

Would we want Angels? No.

Blow Your Mind by Lock n Load more like!!!!!

How are you going to manage to do that Dan? http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/533.gif

Playing the music & getting the timings right while taking your vowes, or are you going to put the laptop on auto pilot?

http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/071.gif