Dj's United

DJU Member Poll

Most Playable No.1 from 1985  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not a stunningly inspiring year for disco-friendly tunes...or was it?

Just 2 artists held the top spot for 5 weeks each - they were Jennifer Rush: "The power of love" and Paul Hardcastle with (n.n.n.n.n.n.n.n.n.)nineteen (not to be confused with the excellent Rory Bremner version...."n.n.n.n.n.n.nineteen, not out")

With a very respectable 4 weeks at No.1 were Elaine Paige and Barbara Disckinson: "I know him so well", Philip Bailey and Phil Collins with "Easy Lover", Sister Sledge "Frankie", Madonna: "Into the Groove", and David Bowie and Mick Jaggers cover of "Dancin' in the street".

Strangely enough only one artist held the No.1 spot for 3 weeks - Foreigner - "I want to know what love is". In stark contrast, several artist managed 2 weeks at the peak of the charts: Dead or Alive "You spin me Round (Like a record)", USA for Africa: "We are the world", The Crowd "You'll never walk alone", Feargal Sharkey: "A Good heart", Wham! "I'm your man", Whitney Houston: "Saving all my love for you" and Shakin' Stevens: "Merry Christmas Everyone"...

With just a single week at No.1...Phillis Nelson: "Move Closer", Eurythmics (featuring some "off" harmonica playing by Stevie Wonder) "There must be an angel (playing with my heart)", UB40 and Chrissie Hynde: "I got you babe" and Midge Ures "If I was".

But...which is your most popular track for disco's....

Not going to vote yet.....what a fantastic year '85 was!

A lot of the tunes listed have been played at gigs but wil have to think which one's I've been requested more for / played the most.

Difficult one! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

The year of the charity record Live Aid etc. Shakin' Stevens Christmas song still gets played cos its christmas party time.

Anne

AJ's Mobile Disco Ryedale North Yorkshire

PLI and PAT equipment

totally agree it has to be Wham !!!!!

Member of The Musicians Union

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like hard work."

As others have said it has to be Wham

Do unto others before they do unto you then run like Fcuk

before the police get there