Dj's United

Reebok stadium, Bolton

Hi girls

Iv been offered a room at the reebok throughout December. Iv been told that on arrival you have to go up some stairs, in a lift, down some stairs, across a long hall , down somemore stairs and the then up some stairs to the stage after walking down the 1/2 mile corridor.

Basically a bloody long way from the van!!!!

And to top it off I cannot leave my kit there overnight.

Anyone been there and know the script???

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

Well i've got one at the hotel there in november not sure if its the same room,But from what i have heard from another Dj it could be the same.

Do unto others before they do unto you then run like Fcuk

before the police get there

• 11 months later...

Park as close to the stadium as poss, load your gear in through the fire door, under the main stand. Close fire door, then move gear into lift, go up - take gear out - repeat 3 times (lift is small).

Lug gear to function room about 50ft away.

Repeat at end of night.

So a bit of a pain really.

Just take into consideration the distance when Quoting, plus go and have a look yourself, plus size of room may not need as much gear as you think.

Mobile Disco based in the Chew Valley & South Bristol

If you can't leave the gear set up overnight then any discount you might allow for a block booking must be adversely affected and you're bound to charge more for the extra aggro in getting in.

Yeh sounds like a lot of sweating to me. Wanna use this opportunity to tell you all about worst venue i ever did. Working mens club in Morley in leeds. Upstairs room. Metal fire escape steps. Outside. December. Snowing. 2 hours to get out. Never ever going back. Ever.

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.

QUOTE (djbzentertainment @ Aug 11 2006, 01:18 PM)
Yeh sounds like a lot of sweating to me. Wanna use this opportunity to tell you all about worst venue i ever did. Working mens club in Morley in leeds. Upstairs room. Metal fire escape steps. Outside. December. Snowing. 2 hours to get out. Never ever going back. Ever.

Bob

ever.....? http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/tongue.gif

Are you absolutely sure?

I seem to detect some doubt in your typing..... http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (brianmole @ Sep 9 2005, 01:10 PM)
They probably want you to wear out your shoes, so you buy a pair of ......... nikes http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/tongue.gif

surely you mean reeboks! http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/071.gif

Mmmm. Could i manage the fire escape now i am 42? Better think about it. And thinking about it, it would only cost two grand to replace the contents of my flightcase with my mixer,amp and cd player in it. And banging my other flightcase down the stairs with three grands worth of dmx lighting in it wouln't be the end of the world i suppose. And think of the fun i would have falling down the fire escape. I really love the sound of ambulance sirens. And then theres always the twokker who would come along later and nick my trusty Omega estate car which i would have to leave there cos you can't drive with two broken legs apparently. Perhaps i have been a bit rash in my decision.

Bob

All stuck together with the finest DJ glue.

Ladiees an gennelmennn....the buffet is now open.

I had a couple of gigs booked in before ever working there.

The first was as described and I vowed never to work there again, it really wasn't worth all the hassle. Then when my other gig came up it was in a different room and was ok.

So I would just check which room you was in.

let me know wen you are going mr mitchell i might be your roadie

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES

MU MEMBER 490895

CRB CLEARED 09th Feb 2011

QUOTE (DJF @ Aug 12 2006, 09:53 AM)

oops..Steve made this thread last September for gigs last christmas http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/wallbash.gif

Member of The Musicians Union

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like hard work."

didnt see the date never mind my loss

DJ FOGGY

PROFESSIONAL DJ+KJ+SOLO VOCALIST

WEDDING SINGER+COVERED UP DUO

TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH PIPER

S.I.A LICENCED DOOR SUPERVISOR

COVERING NORTH WEST AND UK

WEB SITE=www.makemyday2012.co.uk

E-MAIL: djfpromos2@yahoo.co.uk

MOBILE: 07591 755 743

PLI: YES

PAT TESTED: YES

MU MEMBER 490895

CRB CLEARED 09th Feb 2011

QUOTE (tonyj @ Aug 12 2006, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE (DJF @ Aug 12 2006, 09:53 AM)

oops..Steve made this thread last September for gigs last christmas http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/wallbash.gif

Yep, it was last christmas. I declined the offer in the end. Did most of my christmas work last year in Southport.

Steve

5 European cups and 18 leagues, that`s what we call history.

• 6 months later...

they're a funny lot in Bolton!...

at the arena (across the road) i had to rig 5,000 seats and they won't allow forklifts into the venue!!

WTF!!??

on the plus side, the job ran over into the bank holiday, so we got a full day at double time for 4 hours work!!

(but the strip club in bolton's rubbish!)