#1 Splosh

Splosh

Peavey Lover

• Community Leader
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:04 AM

Morning Peeps,
I have a problem......

(no, not the mental one, I am already seeking help for that one)

I have a problem with deciding what lights to purchase.....
Recently I decided that dmx was the way forward. omg.gif I have started the ball rolling with some Par 56's with a dimmer pack that plugs into my controller, but I have yet to make up my mind what to go with in respect of scanners, and it is now starting to drive me mad!!!! 014.gif

We (the roadshow) have around 500 to spend at the moment, and I was looking at perhaps the Prolight Winner & Rover Scanners. (2 of each for around 500). However, I have not actually met anyone yet who has these lights, and am now begining to think cheapy cheapy cos they are not so good!!!!!

Does anyone have either of these, or perhaps the four head package that I keep seeing for sale on various websites??? are they any good???

Over the last couple of days tho, I have started looking at the Isolution lights too. When I first saw them, I just ignored them cos I wasn't overly keen on the asthetics of them in the pictures. However, after watching a few mpegs on the web of them, I am starting to think whether I should purchase a pair of either the 6s or swallow hard and have the 7s (bit more money).

Does anyone have either of these lights???? Can anyone decently review any of the lights I have mentioned here.....

And lastly, If there are any of you out there (and I am sure there will be) who think that all of the lights i have mentioned are a pile of pooh.gif what can you reccomned for 500.

Happy Days! smile.gif

Splosh
Splosh

Web: www.2jsroadshow.co.uk
jon@2jsroadshow.co.uk

#2 wizard

wizard

Boring Old Fart

• Community Leader
  • 872 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:47 AM

I have had the prolight winners and found them to be very good for the money... in fact nothing comes close...except the Chauvet intimidator, which is the same light for about 10 less ( depending where you buy). In fact have just invested in 4 more intimidators

I also have 4 of the prolight spot knight moving heads....... For around 200 each, again nothing comes close in my opinion.

Of course you can spend more money. but these lights take cheap 250w halogen bulbs and are certainly bright enough for most mobile venues.
The oldest swinger in town....... probably. Happy Easter.. well I have seen easter eggs in the shops

#3 spinner

spinner

DJU Veteran

• Community Leader
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:56 PM

The Prolight scanners you mention are made by Acme of Taiwan.

I have had a set of 4 of their Mk1 Scimitars for 6 years and they have behaved faultessly in that time. I have 12 other Acme units, none of which has ever let me down.

The Winner and Rover offer a lot for the money.

#4 Digital discos

Digital discos

Forum Legend

• Community Leader
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

How about a pair of moonflowers before you start adding scans? 533.gif

Scans are fine on bigger rigs, just for a small setup, a couple of moons and pars would be plenty. biggrin.gif

#5 nrgize

nrgize

Forum Legend

• Community Leader
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

The Isolution lights are good, i saw them at Plasa last year. Isolution is a division on Acme so you know they are going to be of a good build quality.
As for Chauvet equipment not had much to do with it, Although I have apower swicth panel from Chauvet and have found it as good as it could be! lol

Email :: info@nrgize-disco.co.uk

#6 superstardeejay

superstardeejay

Engineer

• Community Leader
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:57 PM

Well yes they're also made by ACME TAIWAN! Pretty good stuff but I've had a few failures in the workshop of both Scimitars, Leos, Chauvets etc, all with the same problem. You can also buy them under the SOUNDLAB brand for a little less. Most people re-brand ACME as their own including EVL, Showtec, Skytronic, Stageline IMG, goodness there are loads. Shop around!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users