Dj's United

Moving Heads vs Scans

QUOTE (qifop @ Oct 24 2005, 04:17 PM)
Why are you specific about how many channels you want the fixture to consume?

coz when I've mentioned moving heads or scanners to some places, they come back with some 6 or 7 channel units, which simply dont have the features eg: prism, rotating gobos, dmx focus etc. So...saying 12+ channels is a way of clarifiying that I'm after 2 x nice units, rather than 2 x average/entry-level units.

I'd definately be looking at new rather than refurb - unit price £700~£1000 each - and yes, its for a mobile. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/thumbup.gif

If its got CMY colour mixing, then hey, so much the better...but that could well be asking for silly money...

Edited by Gary

Ok no problem. The 2 units I mentioned before feature all you want, the ROBE has some additional features also like remote focus and I think that has 2 gobo wheels, one static one rotating. I installed 4 of these into a Weatherspoons about 4 months ago. I will get some spec's and prices and email you the results.

Presumably supply only with lamps? I would recommend flightcases, I will get a quote on those too. Quality wise Eurolight are renowned for quality and their support is also excellent. ROBE, most people have heard of on the theatre/pro nightclub industry and leaders on a level with MARTIN.

I'll email some details when I have chance later.

Lighting installer/supply & repair agent

<<< Gig-Light - Lighting Hire & Maintenance Services >>>

WWW.GIG-LIGHT.CO.UK / Enquiries@gig-light.co.uk

Ohh MX10's http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/notworthy.gif lovely lights !!

Funny they were half the price im Miami when i was out there in march this year, and that was even with shipping back to the UK included !! and the power was switchable.. maybe another trip is in order.. http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

Only come into contact with ROBE twice now on 2 installs and this was before I needed high end scanners, everyone seems to have totally jumped off the scanner wagon now. I dont rate the Martin 918 much as very large for what it is. ROBE are used extensively in the theatre and television studio along with top clubs and nightspots which I think says it all.

I had an install with 4 of their scanners, only problem I encountered was the mounting kits are not ideal and took a bit of "encouragement" to get them to sit flush! But that shouldnt effect you mobile dudes. Their moving heads are apparantly very good also, but I've only installed MAC 250's and EVL minispots so far so cannot comment.

Lighting installer/supply & repair agent

<<< Gig-Light - Lighting Hire & Maintenance Services >>>

WWW.GIG-LIGHT.CO.UK / Enquiries@gig-light.co.uk

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the Robe mounting brackets, expensive too but very easy to take down for maintenance.

Robe make moving heads for Coemar and Futurelight, TAS and FAL. Their moving mirrors are brilliant as well.

Through the Coemar brand they supply the lightshow to the Eurovision Song Contest.