Dj's United

DJU Interview with FrankieJ

FrankieJ is the latest volunteer to sit in my big black chair and have several thousand watts of lighting shine on him whilst he replied to the following http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/biggrin.gif

1. What is your DJU Forum Alias? Frankiej

2. What is your Real Name, Age, Location & Marital Status? Frankie Jolly, Age 29, Weston Super Mare. Getting Married to Stacey Next Year.

3. What is the Name of your Disco? Subsonic Discos

4. How long have you been a DJ? 10 Years

5. What inspired you to become a DJ? Whilst working as a redcoat, I started DJ’ing and got a buzz watching people enjoying themselves on the dance floor.

6. Are you a member of a DJ Association / Union? No

7. What is your favourite type of function now? (eg: Wedding, 18th Birthday party, etc) Weddings

8. What’s the worst/most embarrassing thing you've done in front of an audience? There are too many to mention especially when working as a redcoat. My most embarrassing must be when I had to dress up every week as tullah from Bugsy Malone and had to perform a sexy dance routine.

9. If you could go back to the beginning of your DJ career is there anything that you'd do differently? (eg: The gear that you bought, the way you promoted/advertised yourself) From what I know now, I wouldn’t have wasted my money on some of the equipment I have purchased in the past.

10. What do you feel you offer the public that convinces them to book you rather than "the next guy/girl"? Friendly customer service, always smartly dressed and playing the tracks that the crowd want to hear.

11. Have you ever bought something for your show that you wish you hadn't? and why? Bubble machine – More hassle that its worth.

12. What's your next DJ purchase likely to be? New Citronic CDN 10:4 mixer, Prolight 4 x Dynamo DMX scanners, and the new ultimate winch rigs.

13. If you could get someone to invent a new piece of disco equipment for your show, what would it be? Disco in a box, push one button and the whole rig expands into a full glamorous rig. Heaven

14. What was the worst equipment failure suffered during a gig? Amplifier – Nightmare!!

15. What do you think is the best thing about DJ'ing? Happy People, Buying new equipment, getting to play at some lovely venues and of course the Money.

16. What do you think is the worst thing about DJ'ing? The setting up and packing down of equipment and the long hours.

17. What would make you stop DJ'ing (if anything)? Health and a lottery win (Maybe)

18. How do you think DJ'ing will change, in the next 5 years? Everything will go futuristic. I.e. Smaller more powerful equipment and more of a visual feel to discos (VDJ type of thing).

19. Most stupid thing anyone's ever said to you at a gig? Will have to get back to you on that one. Mmm!!

20. Best advice you were ever given by a fellow DJ? None really, always worked alone.

21. And worst advice you were ever given? Hmmm Tricky one, not Sure on this one either. Sorry

22. How do you keep up to date with music? (eg Promo monthly CDs, Downloads, Purchase from retailer) Downloads and Purchase from a retailer

23. Name 3 songs that 95% of the time will fill the dance floor for you! Mavericks – Dance the night away, Tony Christie – Amarillo and the Foundations – Build me up buttercup.

24. Mode of transportation. Renault Laguna

25. What is the furthest that you've travelled from home for a single gig? 200 Miles – There and Back

26. Approximately how many gigs have you done to date? No Idea.

27. What is the largest/smallest audience numbers you've played to? 500- 600 people every week on the holiday parks.

28. What is your main (most successful) form of advertising your disco? Still trying to find that out. :)

29. Have you ever had someone try to claim off you? (eg: Public Liability Insurance or other such legal action) Not yet, fingers crossed.

30. Add any additional comments which you would like to include here... Just would like to thank all the DJU members for the info over the years. Cheers

Nice one Frankie http://www.dj-forum.co.uk/html//emoticons/toot.gif

Vinnie

Paul Forsyth

The DJ formally known as Vinnie

Respect to you young man

I will try anything,once!

The Cornish will arise again !

Manager of the Andy Harris Fan Club.

Keep pasties Cornish

Nice one Frankie........

.....but what do I know ?

Your Big Event